Back to School means back to crazy schedules around our house. While I love getting back to a routine when school starts, I don’t really care for how busy we can be during the week. From starting our day at 7am for bus pick-ups, to dance, ball and homework after school, it’s a full day by the time dinner rolls around.
That’s why I like to make delicious, yet easy, meals that everyone in my family will like. And, I don’t like a lot of clean up. Who has time for that?! Not this mama! One of my favorite weeknight meals is this One Skillet Pasta Primavera with Meatballs. It’s soooo good and so easy! I make it in one skillet, therefore there’s little cleanup! Score!
One Skillet Pasta Primavera with Meatballs
Now, you do have to make the pasta ahead of time, but all the other ingredients go right into the skillet. One Skillet Pasta Primavera with Cooked Perfect® Meatballs is the perfect weeknight meal! Here’s how to make One Skillet Pasta Primavera with Meatballs:
How to Make One-Skillet Pasta Primavera with Meatballs
First, cook your pasta according to the box directions. I like to use penne pasta. But, you’re welcome to use whatever noodle your family likes.
While your pasta is cooking, chop up some zucchini and one orange or red pepper – whichever you like best.
There are several varieties of Cooked Perfect Meatballs, including Italian Style, Homestyle, Angus Beef, and Turkey. Today I’m using Homestyle Meatballs.
Cooked Perfect Meatballs are made with real cheese and savory spices, then flame-broiled to sear in the flavor. They’re so good! Cook the meatballs in with the veggies until heated through, for about 5 minutes or so.
Once your pasta is done, drain the water into the sink and add the pasta right into the skillet.
Mix all the ingredients around and add about 4 Tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Last, add in the cherry tomatoes and stir.
That’s it! Your one-skillet dinner is done in no time!
I can tell you that everyone in my house loves this meal! It’s not heavy, but is full of flavor! Even leftovers are perfect – if you have any! haha!
Making a delicious, family meal in no time with recipes like this One Skillet Pasta Primavera with Meatballs is easy and fun! Your family will love this one!
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 orange pepper - chopped
- 1- pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 bag Cooked Perfect Meatballs
- 1 box penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the box directions and drain.
- Add the veggies to a heated skillet with about two tablespoons of olive oil in it and sautee until they soften a little bit.
- Next, add in one package of Cooked Perfect Meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs in with the veggies until heated through, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet.
- Mix all the ingredients around and add about 4 Tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cherry tomatoes and stir.
If you like this recipe, check out these next!