Millionaire’s Pie is perfectly sweet, exceptionally fruity, and surprisingly light thanks to a cloud-like whipped filling. Best of all, you can make this pie in less than 10 minutes and never even turn on the oven!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
No-bake pies are especially great in the summer when it’s too hot to be baking. Plus, when you bring a No-Bake Lemon Cream Cheese Pie or Cool Whip Pie to a party, you know there won’t be any leftovers to take home!
This millionaire’s pie recipe is the perfect example. Grab a pre-made graham cracker crust, a container of Cool Whip, a block of cream cheese, and you’re halfway there to an incredible summer dessert! Some nuts, coconut, crushed pineapple, and cherries are blended into the pie filling to make a richly flavored, airy dessert that will wow your guests. (Yes, even the millionaires at your party will be impressed!)
Millionaire’s Pie Recipe
This classic Millionaire’s Pie may just be the easiest pie you ever make. All you really need to do is mix the ingredients together in the right order, then pop the pie into the fridge to cool. Cold, fluffy pies like this are perfect for serving on hot summer days when a chilled dessert is always welcome.
But why is it called Millionaire’s Pie? The delicious pie got its name thanks to the rich, intense flavors packed into every bite. The first millionaire pie recipe was made in South Carolina and the creators found it to be so decadent that they declared it fit for a millionaire. The name stuck!
Some people even call it billionaire’s pie these days because only the ultra-rich could have access to something this good. (Maybe inflation has something to do with it too—a million dollars doesn’t go as far as it used to!)
Luckily, you don’t have to be a millionaire to enjoy this pie. In fact, all of the ingredients are pretty affordable and the pie is incredibly easy to make, even if you don’t have a personal chef to help you out.
Millionaire’s Pie Ingredients
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Graham cracker crust – You can use store-bought graham cracker crust or make your own homemade graham cracker crust from scratch.
- Sweetened condensed milk – I like using Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature so it blends with the Cool Whip easily.
- Vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherry juice – Use the juice straight from the jar of cherries!
- Cool Whip – Brand name Cool Whip is always best.
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed pineapple
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped pecans – You can toast your pecans before adding them to the pie filling for an even more intense nutty flavor.
Here are a few ingredient substitutions and variations you may want to try.
- Skip the nuts to make a pie with a little less crunch. You can also swap the pecans for chopped walnuts or sliced almonds.
- Use a chocolate graham cracker pie crust to make the pie even more decadent. You can even use a regular pie crust. A flaky, buttery pie shell is delicious with the creamy filling.
- Place the pie in the freezer rather than in the refrigerator. Frozen millionaires’ pie is refreshing and almost tastes like ice cream.
- Add 1 cup of canned, drained mandarin oranges to the pie filling. This is a fun twist that has become popular in this no-bake dessert.
Adding cherry juice to the pie filling gives Millionaire’s Pie a slight pinkish color. If you want your pie to be pure white, skip the cherry juice. It will still have a fantastic, rich flavor even without this little ingredient. The pure white color is also quite eye-catching.
How to Make Millionaire’s Pie
- Beat the cream cheese: Mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl until the cream cheese is completely smooth and lump free. Stir the vanilla and cherry juice into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the Cool Whip: Gently fold in the Cool Whip until it is completely mixed with the cream cheese and there are no lumps. You want a nice, creamy texture to make the perfect pie.
- Add the mix-ins: Gently stir in the shredded coconut, pineapple, cherries, and pecans.
- Assemble and chill: Scoop the filling into the graham cracker crust and spread it evenly. Loosely wrap the pie in plastic wrap, then chill for at least four hours.
- Slice and serve: Cut the pie into 8 pieces and serve. Add some extra Cool Whip, fresh whipped cream, or extra maraschino cherries as a garnish.
How to Store Millionaire’s Pie
Keep the pie covered with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to one week. You can also wrap the pie tightly and store it in the freezer for up to three months. It’s the perfect dessert to have on hand all summer long! Place it in the fridge overnight to thaw or enjoy it frozen.
I prefer to use Cool Whip for this pie because it has added stabilizers that give the pie more structure, so will hold up better when sliced. You can use heavy cream to make homemade whipped cream in place of Cool Whip, but then I would recommend freezing the pie to ensure the pieces aren’t too soft. A cold, sweet treat is sure to be a huge hit!
Millionaire’s pie is a no-bake pie made with sweetened condensed milk, Cool Whip, and cream cheese. It typically has pineapple, pecans, and cherries added to the filling. Shredded coconut is also very common in Millionaire’s pie and the filling is always poured into a graham cracker crust.
Apple pie is the most popular pie in America. If you want to make the best apple pie ever, give my homemade apple pie recipe a try!
- 1 9" graham cracker crust
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice (from the jar of cherries)
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl until smooth. Make sure there are no cream cheese lumps.
- Stir in the vanilla and maraschino cherry juice.
- Fold in the Cool Whip, making the filling smooth.
- Stir in the coconut, drained pineapple, chopped cherries, and chopped pecans.
- Scoop the filling into the graham cracker pie crust and spread it evenly. It will mound over the top of the pie crust a little bit.
- Loosely cover the pie with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with some extra Cool Whip or maraschino cherries, then slice and enjoy!