This no-bake Lemon Cream Cheese Pie is one of my favorite desserts. It’s super creamy, brightened up with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a cinch to make!
As a child, I can remember my mom making this pie for picnics and family gatherings. She didn’t normally add lemon to the cream cheese mixture, but instead would top it with canned blueberry or cherry pie topping. I love my mom’s way of making it, but I tweaked it to create this Lemon Cream Cheese Pie recipe, which has a bright citrus flavor like Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie. It turned out delicious and it’s become a recipe I make regularly for family gatherings!
No-Bake Lemon Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
I can’t forget to mention that this is a no-bake Lemon Cream Pie, which means it’s oh-so-easy to make! You can use a simple homemade graham cracker crust (I share my recipe below!) or a store-bought crust. Then, you just stir together the filling ingredients and chill the pie for three or four hours, or until it has set.
With sour cream, cream cheese, and whipped topping, you know this Lemon Cream Cheese Pie is super creamy, but the addition of lemon is a nice counterbalance to all that richness so it doesn’t feel like a heavy dessert. You can garnish it with additional Cool Whip, fresh lemon slices, candied lemon peel, or keep it simple with a dusting of powdered sugar!
For the crust:
- Graham cracker crumbs
For the filling:
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese – To make the filling easier to mix, let the cream cheese sit on the countertop for 30 to 45 minutes so it softens a bit.
- Cool Whip
- Sour cream
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice – Try making this recipe with lime juice instead for something different!
- Lemon zest – I recommend using a fine zester so you don’t get big pieces of lemon peel in the creamy filling.
How to Make Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
1. Make the Crust
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Mix the crust ingredients in a small mixing bowl, then press them into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes, then cool completely.
2. Make the Filling
Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest, then fold in the Cool Whip.
3. Assemble and Refrigerate
Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until the filling is set. Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip and a lemon slice.
How to Store Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
If you have any leftover pie, you can place a piece of plastic wrap over the pie plate and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or transfer slices to an airtight storage container. You can also freeze this recipe for up to 2 months; wrap it with 2 layers of plastic wrap, then a layer of foil to protect against freezer burn. Let the pie thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
What is lemon pie filling made of?
This Lemon Cream Cheese Pie is a little bit different from a typical lemon pie; the filling is made with sour cream, cream cheese, whipped topping, lemon, and sugar. This makes it much easier to whip up than a traditional lemon cream pie!
How do you juice a lemon without a juicer?
You don’t need a juicer to juice a lemon! Simply cut it into quarters, then squeeze the juice into a bowl. Remove any seeds, then use the juice in the recipe. (Have a leftover lemon after making this recipe? Here’s how to use half a lemon!)
Do you eat lemon pie warm or cold?
This Lemon Cream Cheese Pie should be eaten chilled. Don’t warm it up—the filling will melt!
If you’re looking for more….try these recipes next!
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 8 oz package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 4 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- For the Crust:
- Mix all ingredients together until blended. Pack firmly into 9-inch pie plate and press up sides and bottom (can be made into two smaller pies if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool before filling.
- For the Filling:
- Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream with blender until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Next, fold in cool whip until mixed thoroughly.
- Garnish with a dollop of cool whip and a fresh lemon slice just for kicks.
- Pour into cooled pie crust and chill for 3-4 hours.