Are you looking for quick and easy shrimp dinner ideas to make this week? We’ve collected a few of our favorite mouth-watering shrimp recipes that are sure to please.
Our Favorite Shrimp Dinner Ideas
Shrimp is a pretty versatile ingredient that can be added to many dishes, like our Malaysian coconut soup recipe, or tossed with garlic and blistered tomatoes to make a healthy yet creamy sauce for pasta. Or grill shrimp marinated in lime juice and spices to make the best ever tacos for Taco Tuesday. There are so many ways to serve shrimp for dinner!
1. Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Use your air fryer to cook up a batch of coconut shrimp tonight. Along with our homemade sweet chili sauce for dipping, you’ll be so happy with this easy shrimp dinner idea!
2.Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp marinated with lime juice and garlic are grilled to crispy perfection. Try it for your next Taco Tuesday night!
3. Malaysian Coconut Milk Shrimp Soup
Coconut milk and lime juice just go with shrimp so well, and this Malaysian coconut milk shrimp soup is no exception.
The easiest, and yummiest, shrimp tacos made with cabbage and cotija cheese for the perfect blend of crunchy and salty. A shrimp dinner idea everyone will devour!
5. Penne Alfredo
Try our penne Alfredo recipe, which is perfect when you add cooked shrimp! The creamy pasta sauce balances the delicious shrimp for a satisfying meal.
6. Garlic Shrimp with Blistered Tomatoes and Linguine
For a lower calorie pasta dinner, definitely make our garlic shrimp with blistered tomatoes and tomatoes recipe. The natural sweetness of the broiled tomatoes makes this dish taste decadent, even though it’s on the healthier side.
7. Shrimp Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
This brimming bowl of cilantro and lime-spiked rice topped with shrimp, avocado, black beans, and chipotle ranch comes together in 30 minutes or less.
8. 20 Minute Honey Garlic Shrimp
Another quick and totally yummy shrimp dinner is this recipe for honey garlic shrimp. Serve is with brown rice and vegetables like broccoli, or add it into a salad for a lighter meal.
How to Quickly Cook Shrimp for Adding to Any Recipe
What if you have a pasta dinner or salad recipe and you want to cook some shrimp to add to it? This is another easy shrimp dinner idea, but you’ll need to know how to cook the shrimp first! Here’s the simplest, most fool-proof method:
- Set a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter or melted olive oil to the skillet. Add crushed or sliced garlic cloves, if you’d like.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 to 6 minutes, or until the shrimp look opaque.
More Easy Shrimp Dinner Ideas
So let’s say you’ve sautéed shrimp according to the instructions above, or maybe you’ve whipped up some frozen shrimp in your air fryer. Here are some additional shrimp dinner ideas to try—no recipes needed!
- Shrimp pizza. Use alfredo sauce as the base, then top with a shredded Italian cheese blend and shrimp. Garnish with chopped parsley and melted garlic butter.
- Veggie and shrimp stir fry. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate, then use the same skillet to stir fry your favorite vegetables. Add teriyaki sauce, stir the shrimp back into the pan, and serve over Instant Pot rice.
- Cheater’s fettucine Alfredo. Toss cooked fettucine with jarred Alfredo sauce and garlicky sautéed shrimp.
- Cajun shrimp dinner. Buy a box of Cajun rice and beans; cook the shrimp according to the instructions above, but add cajun seasoning. Serve the shrimp over the prepared rice and beans.
Reader Favorite Seafood Recipes
Crab Rangoon Dip
Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Toast