This Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe is by far one of my favorite summer desserts ever! Made with fresh peaches, butter, and a cookie dough-like topping, this will be your go-to cobbler recipe from now on!
This homemade peach cobbler is one of my favorite flavors of the summer. I can promise you that this is one of the best peach cobblers to make from scratch. It’s my go-to summer dessert!
Peach Cobbler Made with Fresh Peaches
I have fond memories of this simple peach dessert because it takes me back to enjoying fresh peaches growing up. I still love that fresh fruit taste today but now I like to add some ice cream with it, too!
This simple peach cobbler has only 8 easy ingredients and is certain to have you craving more southern desserts.
Having a homemade dessert that everyone will love is so important and a great way to kick off the weekend, too.
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
Is there anything better than fresh peaches?! The juicy taste and fruit juice that runs down your chin is all part of the fun.
Cookie Dough Type of Topping
The topping makes a cookie dough type of topping that is sweet, buttery, and oh so good!
Just a dash of cinnamon will make this whole easy and delicious peach cobbler come together.
Peach Dump Cake
Peach Dump Cake is another amazing peach cobbler dessert that is such a great compliment to this easy peach dish.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH COBBLER WITH FRESH PEACHES
Peel and cut your peaches into wedges and add to the bottom of a 9×9 buttered baking dish or pie plate – add 1/2 cup of water right over the top.
Mix your dry ingredients together (recipe below) in a medium-size bowl.
Add 1 egg to the dry mixture and mix well until it resembles cookie dough. Be careful to not overmix.
Drop the batter over the peaches by tablespoons.
Melt 1 stick of butter and pour right over the top of your dish.
Bake until the top is lightly brown and the peach mixture is bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You can peel peaches quickly by boiling them in water for 10-20 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place it in an ice-water bath to cool. Then take a paring knife to peel the skin which will come off easily.
- Topping with whipped cream is also a good choice.
- If you want to vary up this recipe, you can make it with apples, too!
EASY SOUTHERN RECIPES
Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 8-9 Fresh Peaches
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 stick Butter - melted
- First, peel and cut your peaches into wedges and add to the bottom of a 9×9 buttered baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water right over the top.
- Next, mix your dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Add 1 egg to the dry mixture and mix well until it resembles cookie dough. Be careful to not overmix.
- Drop the batter over the peaches by tablespoons.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour right over top of your dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and the peach mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.