Crispy chicken strips are a kid-friendly dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight! Skip the fast food drive-thru and make perfectly juicy, crispy chicken at home!
I think every kid goes through a phase of wanting to eat nothing but chicken nuggets for every meal. As parents, we roll our eyes, but you have to admit, crispy chicken is pretty darn good. These crispy chicken strips are healthier than takeout or fast food, easy to make, and a hit with both kids and adults!
Easy Crispy Chicken Strips Recipe
While most crispy chicken recipes are made with a seasoned batter then deep-fried, this recipe is so much for flavorful because it’s made with crispy panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, and garlic powder. As if that’s not enough reason to love it, it swaps the deep-frying for pan-frying, making it much healthier than fast food nuggets! (My kids like these crispy chicken strips even more than chicken nuggets from their favorite fast food restaurants!)
I recommend serving crispy chicken strips with homemade honey mustard dipping sauce or even my French fry dipping sauce. For a healthy take on a fast food meal, serve your chicken strips with air fryer French fries, or round out your meal with Instant Pot Corn On The Cob, Easy Homemade Biscuits, Mashed Potatoes, or Scalloped Potatoes.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- Panko breadcrumbs – If you’re on a gluten-free diet, you can buy gluten-free panko.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Make sure you use grated, not shredded. The shredded kind won’t stick to the chicken as well!
- Paprika – Use standard paprika or smoked for some smoky flavor.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Honey mustard dipping sauce
How to Make Crispy Chicken Strips
1. Season the Chicken: Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the Coatings: Crack the eggs into a large, shallow bowl and lightly beat them. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the panko, Parmesan, paprika, and garlic powder.
3. Coat the Chicken: Dip each chicken strip into the eggs, followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Place the coated chicken on a plate.
4. Pan-Fry the Chicken Strips: Heat a thin layer of oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Cook the chicken strips for several minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. Check that the chicken is cooked all the way through, then transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Serve: Once you’ve finished cooking the chicken strips, serve it with the honey mustard sauce.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Chicken Strips
Place any leftover crispy chicken strips in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. Reheat the chicken in a 400ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
It depends on how you make them! This recipe for crispy chicken strips is healthier than takeout or fast food because it’s pan-fried instead of deep-fried.
Yes, chicken tenders, strips, and fingers are all used to describe the same dish. They’re made from the tenderloin of the chicken breast.
Yes! These are not like the nuggets at fast food restaurants that are made with ground chicken that’s shaped into a nugget. They’re made with chicken breasts or tenders.
There are a few different ways to make chicken crispy. My crispy chicken strips recipe uses panko and pan-frying. If you love crispy chicken, be sure to try my Crispiest Baked Chicken Thighs recipe too!
More Kid-Friendly Dinners To Enjoy
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Baked Spaghetti
- Pepperoni Rolls
- Cheesy Taco Sticks
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips or chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- honey mustard dipping sauce
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken first into the eggs and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer to a plate while you finish all the pieces this way.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken nuggets for several minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Make sure the nuggets are cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the nuggets to a plate lined with paper towels to help drain off any excess oil.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
These were perfect and super easy. We made them for dinner and they are getting packed in lunches tomorrow. Thanks for a quick and delicious recipe!