Veggie Pizza is an easy appetizer for potlucks, tailgate parties, showers, and picnics – using crescent rolls and your favorite veggies!
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a classic appetizer that’s a hit at every party! You know you’ve had it before—that crescent roll crust, a creamy topping, and fresh vegetables and cheddar cheese on top. (Don’t forget the black olives!)
I think my version is the best veggie pizza on crescent rolls recipe, because I have a secret ingredient that makes the cream cheese taste topping taste even better.
Crescent Rolls Veggie Pizza Recipe
Any party appetizer that involves flaky, buttery crescent rolls is sure to be a winner, right? But aside from the taste (which, of course, is totally delish!), there’s another thing that makes this veggie pizza recipe so heckin’ good: it’s super easy to make.
I’ve made a version of this veggie pizza appetizer for years, but I recently discovered an upgrade that makes it even tastier: ranch dressing mix. (Is there anything that ranch dressing mix can’t make better? Seriously, it’s magic!)
The traditional recipe for crescent roll veggie pizza usually combines mayo and cream cheese with herbs like dill or parsley. It’s fine and all, but ranch dressing really gives it a flavor that pops thanks to its signature tanginess. And, obviously, since it’s ranch, it goes super well with the fresh veggie topping.
Ingredients + Variations
- Crescent rolls – You know the crescent roll dough that comes in tubes? That’s what you need here. (Does anyone else get kind of nervous when you peel back the packaging and wait for the tube to pop, or is that just me?)
- Cream cheese – The cream cheese needs to be softened, so let it sit on the counter for a bit while you chop the veggies. You could microwave it for about 15 seconds if you forget to take it out!
- Mayonnaise – Or Miracle Whip, if that’s your thing. You could even use sour cream.
- Ranch dressing mix – The magic ingredient!
- Broccoli – Not a fan of raw broccoli? You can blanch it instead, just be sure it’s completely dry before you top the veggie pizza so it doesn’t get soggy. I like to use broccoli florets to give a good bite of broccoli.
- Cauliflower – Same goes for the cauliflower!
- Carrots – The carrots can be either chopped or shredded, whichever you prefer.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – A sharp cheddar is good here.
Then, you have some optional toppings: black olives and green onions are traditional toppers here. Olives are a love ‘em or hate ‘em type of thing, but if you’re a fan, I suggest not skipping them!
Of course, if you ever wanted to add meat, you can add pepperoni on top as well!
How To Make Vegetable Pizza with Cresent Roll Crust
Preheat the oven to 375ºF, then line an 11×17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Make Crust
Unroll the crescent roll dough and place it on the baking sheet. Press to the edges to make your crust, then bake it according to the package instructions.
3. Make Cream Cheese Topping
Place the cream cheese, mayo, and ranch dressing mix in a medium bowl and give it a good stir until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Pop the cream cheese topping in the fridge while the crust cools for at least 30 minutes.
5. Top the Veggie Pizza
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crescent roll crust, then top it with the veggies, cheese, and any other toppings. Place the veggie pizza in the refrigerator so it firms up a bit.
Cut the crescent roll veggie pizza into squares and serve.
I use carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli because that’s the version I grew up on, but you can use other veggies too. Try cucumber, radishes, or tomatoes. Rings of red, yellow, orange, and green peppers would make a colorful crescent roll veggie pizza too! I think that adding bell pepper is a great idea as well.
To make sure your veggie pizza doesn’t get soggy, it’s really important that you let the crust cool completely before you spread on the cream cheese topping. You should also make sure your veggies are dry before you place them on the cream cheese. Don’t wash them and then put them directly onto the pizza without drying them well first!
Because of the cream cheese sauce topping, you need to store this in the fridge. I just add to an airtight container and it works great!
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped or shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings optional: black olives green onions, etc…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 11-inch by 17-inch or larger baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Unroll crescent roll and add to the baking sheet. Pressing to edges to form a crust.
- Bake the crust according to the package instructions, about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix.
- Chill in refrigerator to blend flavors while crust cools.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Sprinkle with cheese and any additional vegetables, if using. Chill before cutting into squares.