One of my favorite things about Christmas is the traditions. From decorating the tree, to favorite Christmas Cookies to this Breakfast Casserole. Traditions make up Christmas! This Breakfast Casserole is the perfect way to start the day on Christmas morning.
Assemble it on Christmas Eve, place in the fridge overnight and bake while you’re opening your gifts from Santa on Christmas morning! It’s easy to make and always good! It’s always delicious and ready at just the right time!
I use sausage in this recipe, but you could use bacon, mushrooms, ham or any other mix-in’s you love. You could even mix it up and add a different cheese – I’ve used pepper jack and it’s super good!
Pair this Christmas Breakfast Casserole with my favorite Cinnamon Rolls and you have a tradition in the making!
Christmas Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb browned sausage
- 1 half package of Ore-Ida O’Brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese I like Cheddar or Colby-Jack
- 2 cups cream or milk I use half evaporated milk and half 2% or whole milk
- 6 eggs
- Place crescent dough in bottom of greased 9×13 pan.
- Layer sausage, potatoes & cheese in order given.
- Mix eggs and cream together in large bowl. Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let rest on counter while oven preheats to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until eggs are just set in center, being careful to not overbake. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.