Blueberry Delight pairs a buttery graham cracker pecan crust with a fluffy layer of cream cheese filling and syrupy blueberries for the perfect layered dessert recipe!
Blueberry Delight is a delicious, easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Once you make the crust, it’s essentially a no-bake recipe, and because it’s chilled in the refrigerator, it’s easy to make a day or two in advance so you have it ready to go for a party!
Easy Blueberry Delight Recipe
In addition to being a simple make-ahead dessert recipe, blueberry delight is, well, delightful!
It has the best combination of textures, with a graham cracker crust, a creamy, fluffy filling that’s like eating a cloud, saucy blueberries, whipped topping, and a sprinkle of crunchy pecans on top. (The blueberry layer is made with canned blueberry pie filling—talk about easy!)
The flavors are all perfect together, too. You’ve got the buttery graham cracker crust, a slightly tangy cream cheese layer (a little like no-bake cheesecake!) sweetened with powdered sugar, vanilla Cool Whip, the bright berry taste of blueberry pie filling, and the nutty flavor of pecans.
While you can definitely switch things up and try a different type of pie filling like cherry, raspberry, blackberry, or strawberry, I really love this recipe with blueberry!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Graham crackers – You’ll need about 1 sleeve of graham crackers to make the graham cracker crumbs for the crust.
- Pecans – Because the pecans will be pulsed anyway, you can save yourself some money and buy pecan pieces instead of pricier whole nuts.
- Butter – I recommend using unsalted butter.
- Cream cheese – Use the kind that comes in a bar, and make sure you buy full-fat rather than reduced fat.
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip – You can’t substitute whipped cream, so be sure to use frozen whipped topping!
- Blueberry pie filling
How to Make Blueberry Delight
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Make the Crust
In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans until they form a coarse crumb. Stir in the melted butter and sugar, then turn out the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Use your hands to press the mixture into an even layer.
3. Bake the Crust
Place the pan in the oven and bake the crust for 8 minutes. Let it cool completely on a wire rack before moving on to the next step of the recipe.
4. Make the Filling
In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until they’re smooth. Beat in one cup of Cool Whip, then fold in the remaining Cool Whip from one container. (Reserve the second tub of Cool Whip for later in the recipe.)
Spread the filling mixture over the graham cracker crust, then top this with the blueberry pie filling. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top and garnish with chopped pecans.
Cover the dish and chill your blueberry delight for at least two hours, or overnight, then slice and serve.
How to Store Blueberry Delight
Refrigerate blueberry delight wrapped in the pan, or transfer any leftovers to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days, or it can be frozen for up to 2 months. If you freeze it, let it thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
How do you thicken canned blueberries?
Your canned blueberry pie filling shouldn’t need to be thickened, but if it seems extra saucy, you can drain off some of the excess liquid before spooning the berries onto the cream cheese layer.
Are canned blueberries healthy?
Canned blueberries aren’t as healthy as fresh or frozen blueberries because they have added sugar, but they still pack in a lot of antioxidants!
Can blueberry delight be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze blueberry delight for up to 2 months. Be sure to wrap it well or transfer the leftovers to an airtight container before freezing.
More No-Bake Desserts to Try
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Paula Deen’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- 4.8 ounces graham crackers 9 crackers or 1 sleeve
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese well softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip non-fat 2 tubs, divided
- 42 ounces blueberry pie filling 2 cans
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped.
- Stir in butter and sugar until well combined and press into the bottom of a 13×9 pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Using 1 container of cool whip, add in 1 cup and mix well until there are are no lumps.
- Fold in the remaining whipped topping from the 1st container.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- Top with the blueberry pie filling.
- Add the remaining container of whipped topping spreading to the edges evenly.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.