This apple bundt cake is a dessert that you must make this fall. It’s full of homey fall flavors and seasonal apples that are at their peak. This is a cake recipe you are going to want to make all season long.
Dive head first into apple season this year with this apple bundt cake. The cake highlights everything everyone loves about a good fall dessert, with the apples being the star of the show. It is great for a fall celebration, a family gathering, or that Sunday night dessert treat.
FLAVORFUL APPLE BUNDT CAKE
When it comes to the fall, there are so many apple desserts to choose from. From the classic apple pie to caramel apple nachos and apple dump cake, there is really no shortage of recipes to make with apples. This apple recipe, however, is about to shoot to the top of your list and become your favorite. The cake is filled with all of the flavors you love about fall, including loads and loads of apples.
This cake uses both fresh apples and applesauce to get that apple flavor all throughout the cake. The applesauce not only contributes to the flavor but also to the texture of the cake. It helps keep everything nice and moist, so the cake doesn’t dry out.
Don’t worry about this cake being too bland. It has all of the flavors of fall that you love. Each bite is teeming with cinnamon and nutmeg. If you want to take the cake up to the next level, you can even top it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
While the bundt pan doesn’t necessarily add any flavor to the cake, it makes the cake what it is. The ridges allow for the flavor to spread out. Plus, it just looks amazing when it comes out of the pan.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE AN APPLE BUNDT CAKE
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Granny Smith apples – the tart flavor will be great in the cake.
- Walnuts – optional but will give the cake a nice texture
- Canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened applesauce – will keep the cake nice and moist.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE BUNDT CAKE
Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a 10-12 cup Bundt pan. Set to the side.
2. MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add in the apple pieces and walnuts if using. Toss to coat. Set to the side.
3. MIX WET INGREDIENTS
In a medium bowl, add the sugar and oil and whisk to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add in the dry ingredients with the apples and mix until just incorporated. The batter will be thick.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
5. SERVE AND ENJOY
Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before moving it to a wired rack. Make sure the cake is fully cool before flipping it out of the pan. When out, serve and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE YOUR FALL APPLE BUNDT CAKE
The apple bundt cake should last about a week in an airtight container. The cake can also be frozen after being baked. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap tightly and store in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw the night before serving.
Bundt pans can sometimes be tricky. The best way to get the cake out of the pan is to make sure the cake is fully cooled. Then lay a dishtowel or plate on top of the dish, flip it, and give it a good bang. It will loosen the sides and release onto the dish.
The cake has such a high-fat content that it does not need to be refrigerated. However, keeping the cake in the fridge will make it last longer.
The cake is so good on its own that it does not need a glaze. However, it can be topped with a simple cream cheese frosting or cinnamon glaze if wanted.
MORE APPLE DESSERTS
Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 10-12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt. Whisk to combine. Add the diced apples and walnuts and toss to coat.
- In another mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and applesauce and continue to whisk until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking to combine each one before adding the next.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing it to a rack to finish cooling to room temperature.