These 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars are perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast or as an after-school snack! Plus they take only minutes to put together.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Want a quick and easy snack that happens to be on the healthier side too? Try my 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars. You need just a few simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make this recipe.
Take Honey Nut Cheerios and mix them with peanut butter and honey, let firm, and you’ve made a delicious breakfast on the go. These bars are so simple even the kids can make them—but grown ups will love them too!
3-Ingredient Cereal Bars Recipe
I love a no-bake, super simple recipe and this one fits the bill. It’s a great way to use up any extra cereal that’s been hanging around and about to go stale. And this recipe has so many variations—you can drizzle chocolate over the finished bars, or try some of my suggestions lower down in this post.
I think kids will really love these bars as a snack after school or tucked into their lunchbox. You may even have everything you need to make these already in your pantry! And if you love the ease of this simple snack, make sure to check out my post on Back to School Lunch Ideas, Hacks, And After School Snacks as well. We all know the kids are hungry when they get done with school!
Ingredients for 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Peanut Butter – We use smooth peanut butter in this recipe, but if you like chunky peanut butter feel free to use that instead. Just know that the texture will be a bit different.
- Cheerios – Honey Nut Cheerios are the best in this recipe because they add sweetness to the bars.
- Honey – I love using honey as a natural sweetener because it just tastes so much better than sugar!
Here are some options for changing up the ingredients in these bars:
- Almond Butter – Swap almond butter for the peanut butter.
- Sunflower Seed Butter – For a nut-free version of these bars use sunflower seeds butter in place of the peanut butter.
- Plain Cheerios – You can replace the Honey Nut Cheerios with plain Cheerios for a less sweet bar.
- Maple Syrup – You can swap in maple syrup for the honey in a 1:1 replacement.
- Other Cereal – You could also make these with any cereal you like! Try Rice Krispies, Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, and more.
- Add Ins – You can add in fun ingredients like white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, or even some dried fruit.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
- Prep the pan: Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper before you start.
- Mix the peanut butter and honey: Add the peanut butter and honey to a saucepan to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add the cereal: Add the Cheerios to the peanut butter mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Pack: Press the cereal mixture firmly into the lined pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to pack it down well so it will keep its shape.
- Refrigerate the bars: Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.
How to Store 3-Ingredient Snack Bars
Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. For a grab-and-go portable snack, you can wrap each bar in plastic wrap then place the bars in in a storage bag or airtight container in the fridge for easy access. You can also wrap individual bars and store them in the freezer for 3 months.
Keep these in the fridge so they are nice, cool, and firm. Storing them in an airtight container is key. You can also use a baking dish with a lid as well.
Honey is a great binding agent, which is why we use it in this recipe! When added to your homemade granola bars, honey acts as glue that sticks all the pieces together.
Oat and nut-based bars with a high fiber and protein content, that are low in sugar and saturated fat, are a much better—and healthier—snack compared to other options. This is why we use Cheerios, which are made from oat flour, in this recipe!
You can store homemade snack bars in an airtight container or plastic ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 1 week. Place pieces of parchment or waxed paper between the layers to keep them from sticking, or wrap them individually in parchment or waxed paper and keep them in the freezer in a large ziploc bag.
3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper before you start
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a saucepan to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add the Cheerios Cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir until completely until coated.
- Press firmly into the lined pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to pack it down well so it will keep it's shape.
- NOTE: You can add a drizzle of melted chocolate right over the top by melting 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave. Cut one small edge off the bag and then drizzle over the bars.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.