These 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars are such a quick and easy breakfast idea. We make them and keep them on hand for a simple breakfast or a super easy after school snack. It’s a great option and a good snack for the kids.
And since you need only 3 ingredients to whip them up, I have a feeling you’re going to love them just as much as we do! These no-bake cereal bars
are great for when you want an easy recipe With no mess.
So simple, even the kids can make this snack themselves to enjoy! This is going to be the first thing that they want to snack on during the day!
Peanut Butter, Honey, and Cheerios
Yep, you read that right. Peanut butter, honey, and cheerios are all the ingredients that you need for these delicious bars. And if you love the ease of this simple snack, make certain to try out Back to School Lunch Ideas, Hacks, And After School Snacks as well. We all know the kids are hungry when they get done with school!
I just made these last week and I can assure you that the kids love having this as a breakfast option or yummy bars to grab and eat during the day. I’ve found that it’s the perfect snack for grabbing as we’re running out the door! When I don’t want to buy granola bars at the store, this is my go-to.
We love recipes that take minimal time and effort because that means we get to make them up and eat them asap. Another one of our favorites is this 3-Ingredient Apple Dump Cake. Dessert with only three ingredients? Yes, please!
The best part about making these crispy treats is that you can use your favorite cereal! This is one of those easy recipes that creates delicious snacks that just so happen to be fun cereal bars for the morning as well.
I’ll wrap these up in plastic wrap and send them with the kids for a tasty treat. (truth be told, I think that you could also use this recipe and tweak it a bit to make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars!
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
We like to use creamy peanut butter but you can use chunky if you want. It adds a fun texture that changes it up just a bit. You can also use almond butter to make these healthy cereal bars as well. Natural peanut butter is great as well. Various types will bring out different flavors to enjoy.
Honey Nut Cheerios are the best because it adds a whole other sweet flavor. Sometimes i’ll in a bit more of that sweet honey mixture than what the recipe calls for.
I love using honey as a natural sweetener because it just tastes so much better than sugar! I’ve also tried this with maple syrup as well. Both options for added sugar are great.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Even though these are a bit different, they’re still a simple and tasty snack! Try these No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites! This recipe has simple ingredients and just a little bit of prep required.
Make sure to pick up everything you need right at Dollar General for the best prices and value!
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENTS CEREAL BARS
Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper before you start.
Add the peanut butter and honey to a saucepan to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Add the Cheerios Cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir until completely until coated.
4. Pack down
Press firmly into the lined pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to pack it down well so it will keep its shape.
NOTE: You can add a drizzle of melted chocolate right over the top by melting 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave. Cut one small edge off the bag and then drizzle over the bars.
Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make certain to pack the mixture down firmly so that it sticks together and holds together once done.
- Keep these in the fridge so that they are still nice, cool, and firm. Storing them in an airtight container is key. You can also use a baking dish with a lid as well.
- If you want to branch out and make this recipe with other cereals, do so and tell me what you think! This would be great with Rice Krispies treats, Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms cereal, and others.
- Don’t miss adding in other fun ingredients like white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, or even some dried fruit.
EASY SNACK RECIPES
- Red White and Blue Trail Mix Recipe
- Healthy, Fun Snack Ideas
- Pancake Crepes with Peanut Butter, Bananas & Honey
Once you make up these three-ingredient cereal bars, you can share them with family and friends, too. We added some to sealable bags with cute stickers and handed them out!
Are these crispy cereal bars okay to send in a lunch box?
You bet! This is great for lunch or a perfect afternoon snack!
Can I use other nut butters?
Yep! Almond butter would be great with this recipe as well!
Whip up a batch of these 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars with Honey Nut Cheerios and share with someone you love!
3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper before you start
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a saucepan to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add the Cheerios Cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir until completely until coated.
- Press firmly into the lined pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to pack it down well so it will keep it’s shape.
- NOTE: You can add a drizzle of melted chocolate right over the top by melting 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave. Cut one small edge off the bag and then drizzle over the bars.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.