Start your day off right with this quick & easy breakfast idea – Homemade 3-Ingredient Cheerio Cereal Bars!
This post has been sponsored by Cheerios. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Kindness. Friendship. Love. These are all words to describe an amazing year ahead! What better way to start off the year than to Do Good for someone and brighten their day? And these 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars can do just that!
Today, I’m sharing a fun idea for me and my kids to spread a little good 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars that use Honey Nut Cheerios!
3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
Dollar General and Cheerios want to encourage their shoppers to “Do Good” and share positivity by simple acts of kindness. So, we thought we’d get in the fun with these delicious bites of goodness.
These 3-Ingredient Cereal bars are super easy to make, and we’ve got a fun idea to share some kindness and start someone’s day off right!
Starting our day off can be hectic and crazy! I always make sure the kids have a good breakfast before heading out the door to school, but sometimes there’s not a lot of time to sit down.
So, we like to make cereal bars that are healthy and have good-for-you ingredients in them so that the kids are fueled and ready to tackle whatever comes their way! These Cereal Bars are perfect for that PLUS they are easy to make!
Simple Acts of Kindness
If my kids are in a hurry to get out the door and have a healthy breakfast, I am sure other kids are, too! That’s where our “Do Good” idea comes in.
We thought it would be a fun idea to make an on-the-go breakfast that the kids could share with their friends. We just whip up a batch of Cheerio Cereal Bars, add to cute little bags with cute hearts on them, and hand them out! That’s it!
They just look for kids in school that cross their path and ask if they’d like a morning treat. FUN! The kids LOVE it! They taste like a sweet dessert treat but are filling their bellies and giving them fuel to start the day off right.
When you buy Cheerios at Dollar General, you save on everyday breakfast items AND you also give $1 to the Dollar General Literacy Foundation—available 1/20-2/9. So, you’re spreading love all the way around. Find the coupon here!
Spreading kindness and having a healthy breakfast is a great way to start the day! It’s like handing out a little bit of love each day. It’s a win/win for everyone involved!
Whip up a batch of these 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars with Honey Nut Cheerios and share the kindness with someone today!
3-Ingredient Cereal Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper before you start
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a saucepan to cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted together. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add the Cheerios Cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir until completely until coated.
- Press firmly into the lined pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Make sure to pack it down well so it will keep it's shape.
- NOTE: You can add a drizzle of melted chocolate right over the top by melting 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave. Cut one small edge off the bag and then drizzle over the bars.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour, or until ready to serve.
Make sure to pick up everything you need right at Dollar General for the best prices and value!