This Velveeta Queso Blanco Recipe is the perfect cheesy dip! Creamy, delicious, and simple – what better way to start a meal? Grab the tortilla chips, and enjoy dipping into this incredible homemade cheese sauce recipe!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
While most people have seen this on a menu at their favorite restaurant a time or two, the time is now to create this tasty dip right at home. You’re going to be amazed at how simple it is!
Simple dips like this make cooking at home an absolute breeze – and a fun journey. With just six simple ingredients, you can easily be sure that you have everything you need on hand at all times to make this cheese sauce when a craving hits.
Easy Velveeta Queso Blanco Recipe
What makes this white cheese dip so good? It’s a combination of the Velveeta cheese and green chilies! Once combined, the flavors mesh so well that they create an irresistible chip or veggie dip for even the pickiest eaters.
Even though I’m pretty sure this is a great appetizer dish, you could easily have this as a movie night snack, holiday table option, or even as a great party snack.
Ingredients for the Best Velveeta Queso Blanco Recipe
See the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Velveeta queso blanco – Cut this into cubes to cook quicker in the crock pot.
- Diced green chilies – You can get them so they’re spicy or without spice.
- Whole milk – Helps to thin out the melted cheese and adds richness. If needed, replace the whole milk with any other milk you have on hand, keeping it mind that your queso dip won’t be quite as creamy.
- Black pepper
- Ground cayenne pepper – This can be optional, but it’s a must for spice lovers!
- Change up this white cheese dip recipe by adding red pepper flakes, chili powder, or chopped jalapeño for some spice. All are great options!
- If you’re not a fan of green chilies, you can opt to leave those out. They’re not a MUST, but they do add flavor and texture this this white cheese dip.
How to Make a Crockpot Velveeta Queso Blanco Recipe
- Add: Add the cubed cheese, chilies, milk, butter, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover: Put on the lid, and turn to low heat.
- Cook: Cook the cheese dip for 2 hours, uncover, and stir. If there are still cheese chunks, put the lid back on, and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the cheese is smooth.
- Serve: Once melted and combined, turn the slow cooker to the “warm” setting, and serve.
How to Store
Place leftover queso dip covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat by using the microwave. Just be sure to stir after every 15 to 30 seconds or so.
If you don’t want to use the slow cooker, make this queso blanco dip on the stovetop. Add all the ingredients into a saucepan or pot, and heat over medium-low heat. Stir the entire time until the cheese is melted. Serve while warm.
The Best Dippers for Velveeta Cheese Dip
- Tortilla chips
- Corn chips
- Sliced cucumbers
- Cheese crips
- Carrot sticks
- Sliced or cubed bread
Absolutely. If you want the dip recipe to have a smoother consistency, you can purée the chilies so they’re small.
Unfortunately, this recipe does not freeze or thaw well.
Yes! For a fun new flavor and taste, use a different cheese. This is a great way to make an old recipe taste new and unique.
Velveeta Queso Blanco Recipe
- Measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- Spoon or rubber spatula
- 2 pounds Velveeta queso blanco cubed
- 1 can green chilies diced, 4-ounces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Add the cubed cheese, chilies, milk, butter, cayenne pepper, and black pepper to the slow cooker.2 pounds Velveeta queso blanco, 1 can green chilies, 1 cup whole milk, 2 tablespoons butter, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Put on the lid and turn to low heat.
- Cook the cheese dip for 2 hours, then uncover and stir. If there are still cheese chunks, put the lid back on and cook for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Once melted and combined, turn the slow cooker to the "warm" setting and serve.