Herb cream cheese dip is easy to make and perfect for a party! It’s creamy, packed with flavor, and pairs well with just about any veggie, cracker, or chip!
I have a lot of epic appetizer recipes here on All Things Mamma. There’s Jalapeño Poppers, Taco Ring, and Sheet Pan Nachos, or warm dips like Crab Rangoon Dip and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip. But sometimes you just want a simple dip, right?
Sure, you could buy a tub of onion dip or ranch dip at the grocery store, but it’s so easy to make at home—and the results are totally worth it! This herb cream cheese dip is the perfect example.
Easy Herb Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
A lot of creamy homemade dips are made with a combination sour cream and mayo, but this herb cream cheese dip is even better because it adds cream cheese to the mix. The result is a dip that’s creamier, richer, and thicker—which means it’s not going to drip all over you or your guests, which is totally a bonus.
To make this dip even more flavorful, you’ll add green onions and fresh herbs. I usually go with parsley and dill, but you can really use any herbs you have on hand, or a combination of several different varieties. If you have a kitchen herb garden, you can really go to town! Basil, fresh chives, oregano, thyme, and more are all delicious in this herb cream cheese dip.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cream cheese – Let this soften so it’s easy to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mayonnaise – Use any kind you like or have on hand.
- Sour cream – Full-fat sour cream will give you the richest, creamiest texture, but you can swap in reduced-fat sour cream if you prefer.
- Green onions – If you happen to have chives in your garden, you can use those instead!
- Garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper – Black pepper adds so much flavor, especially when it’s coarsely ground!
How to Make Herb Cream Cheese Dip
1. Combine the Ingredients
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth; season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Scoop the dip into a bowl. Cover it and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
How to Store Herb Cream Cheese Dip
This dip will keep in the fridge for up to a week, so it’s perfect for making ahead. Just store it in an airtight container and give it a good stir before serving. If you’d like, you can freshen it up by adding additional herbs and green onions to the top as garnish.
What to Serve With Herb Cream Cheese Dip
This dip pairs well with just about anything! Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- Serve it with crackers, pita chips, and raw vegetables like celery, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower for an easy appetizer or snack.
- Use it as a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- Pair it with cubes of homemade French bread to serve at a party.
Yes, there are a lot of recipes that make cheese dip with cream cheese! While this herb cream cheese dip isn’t especially cheesy, you can add finely shredded Parmesan or cheddar to up the cheese factor a bit.
Mixing cream cheese with sour cream and mayo makes the perfect creamy dip! Sour cream and mayo thin the cream cheese enough to make it dippablae, but the dip is still thick and creamy thanks to the cream cheese.
This isn’t a recipe for herb cream cheese spread; it’s a dip, so it’s not going to work well as a spread for a bagel. If you want to simply make herbed cream cheese, let a block of cream cheese soften to room temperature, stir in finely minced fresh herbs, then return it to the fridge to solidify.
More Dips for a Party
Herb Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp dill finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.