One of my favorite recipes! These Pumpkin Cookies are almost like a cake in your hand. Nice and firm on the outside but soft chewy on the inside. They are best with cream cheese frosting slathered all over them! These cookies can be whipped up fairly quickly and are full of flavor! Enjoy them with a big glass of milk or cup of coffee! Perfect after-dinner treat!
- * 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- * 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- * 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- * 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- * 1 1/2 pkg cream cheese – softened
- * 6 tbs butter – softened
- * 1 cup confectioners sugar
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract
- * dash of milk to thin if needed
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Add a dash of milk if needed to thin to desired consistency.