The best thing about Summer (besides the sun and fun!) is all the fresh fruit and vegetables that are readily available at your local grocery store, farmers market and even in your own back yard! This Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pasta is sure to be a hit in even the pickiest of families! The ingredients can vary to what you have available or like the best, but the combos below are a healthy and delicious combo that we like in our household!
8 ounces linguine
12 ounces asparagus – trimmed and cut
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups zucchini, cut
2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
2 cups squash, cut
1 red, green or yellow pepper
1 small red onion
chicken breast – seasoned with salt and pepper or Italian seasonings
fresh mozzarella cheese
* In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add pasta for ten minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
* In a grill basket or on grill, lightly grill vegetables until tender crisp.
* Grill chicken breast with seasonings on until lightly browned – 10-12 minutes. Let rest before slicing into thin bite size strips.
* Combine pasta, vegetables & chicken in large pot or bowl with olive oil and butter. May add salt and pepper to taste.
* Top with fresh mozzarella if desired.