When you need a quick and easy weeknight meal, cooking instant rice is spot on! Cooking with Minute Rice takes less time and provides good fast options!
Minute Rice Makes It Easy!
Weeknight meals in my house are all about convenience. I try to prepare meals that are not only fast and easy but also healthy. One of my go-to products for creating a side dish or even a one-dish meal is Minute Rice. It’s delicious and easy to make in little time.
There is a flavor difference in my opinion between cooking brown rice and white rice. Naturally wholesome, with a rich nutty taste, Minute Brown Rice is a precooked natural parboiled whole grain brown rice. In just 10 minutes, Minute Brown Rice can be a part of a healthier diet and lifestyle. This long grain precooked brown rice offers the same nutritional values as regular brown rice but cooks just 1/4 of the time. Eating healthy just got a whole lot easier.
A healthy serving of whole grains is a half-cup. But, how big is a half-cup? Picture a light bulb… that’s what one serving or ½ cup looks like. Just that small amount can be a delicious part of any meal!
According to the USDA, you should be getting at least six servings of whole grains each day. That may seem like a lot, but if you focus on getting your whole grains at breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner – 6 servings aren’t so hard! Whole grains can be found in bread, crackers, breading, and sides such as rice!
We’re trying to incorporate many more of these elements into our life. It’s not that hard when you’re able to use easy, more convenient food items such as Minute Rice!
One of my favorite meals to make is this one-skillet Chicken and Rice with Veggies. It doesn’t get much easier! Making this recipe is a great way to introduce a new favorite recipe to your family! It’s literally perfect any time of the day.
See the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Minute rice
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Quick chicken stir-fry – you can easily add in more veggies and change up the final product. It’s so simple to alter!
- Kick up the heat– adding spices like chipotle pepper or even some curry powder is a fun way to change the flavor of the rice.
- Lime juice-Adding a hint of lime juice is the perfect way to bring out a fun flavor!
- Don’t forget the toppings – Rice is so versatile that you can literally add a lot of toppings! Bacon bits and cilantro are always fun rice toppings!
How to Make Chicken and Rice
1. Heat the oil
Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat.
2. Add the chicken
Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
3. Put in the rest of the ingredients
Add the veggies, cups of rice, and broth and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat
Reduce the heat and simmer for five more minutes, covered. This should absorb the broth and make the rice tender.
5. Add the cheese
Stir in the cheese and let it stand uncovered.
How to store and reheat leftover rice
If you have some minute instant white rice leftover, you can reheat it and enjoy it again. You may need to add some water or butter before putting it in the microwave to warm up. To get the rice soft again, put it in a microwave-safe bowl and pay attention to the microwave cook times. Use the reheat function if possible, and ensure that you don’t reheat it for too long. Just a few seconds will get it piping hot and ready.
What seasonings go well with rice?
A lot of people like simple seasoned sea salt with rice and butter. You can make it taste really like anything that you’d like.
How do you know if you overcook rice?
If you cook the rice too long, it’s going to be mushy. For the best experience, pay attention to the cooking times listed on the box.
What is the ratio of water to rice for minute rice?
For two servings, you need 1 cup water to 1 cup rice. (this is the same for organic white rice, too)
For four servings of brown rice, you’ll need 2 cups water to 2 cups rice.
For more easy weeknight meals, try these next!
- Sweet & Sour Chicken and Fried Rice
- Smoked Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal
- Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget
Chicken and Rice
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots – thawed
- 2 cups Minute Rice – Brown Rice
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese – shredded if available
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat
- Add Chicken and cook about 10 minutes until cooked through
- Add veggies, rice and broth and bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes – covered until broth is absorbed and rice is tender
- Stir in cheese and let stand covered until melted
- Serve with a little shredded cheese on top
I love anything that is rice… Filling and yumm