Whipped Coffee, also known as Dalgona coffee, is made with only 3 ingredients whisked together – instant coffee, sugar & water. This creamy, frothy mixture can be served over warm or iced milk.
Make coffee house quality drinks at home with this simple 3-ingredient Whipped Coffee Recipe!
Also known as Dalgona coffee, recently made popular in a viral TikTok video, this easy whipped coffee recipe that looks really fancy but is so easy to make!
After hearing (and seeing) this amazing coffee all over social media last week, I just had to try it! I am really missing Starbucks and all of their frothy goodness I get a few times a week, so I decided I need to try this recipe out!
Just like Oreo Mug Cake and Pancake Cereal, this viral food trend is delish!
What is whipped coffee?
Whipped coffee also is known as Dalgona coffee and is very popular in South Korea. In Greece it’s called a Frappe Coffee. India calls this whipped coffee, Beaten Coffee. Whichever name you choose to call it – it’s delicious!!
How To Make Whipped Coffee
To make whipped coffee, it’s super easy!
- Add equal parts instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water into a bowl or mason jar.
- Mix well with a hand mixer, immersion mixer, or even a spoon. I’ve been told that you need to mix it 400 turns with a spoon – so I used a mixer! The mixture will go from a liquid to super creamy.
- Spoon the mixture over hot or cold milk of choice – you can even use a dairy-free option such as almond or oat milk!
Tips for making whipped coffee
- Use hot water for best results. It helps to dissolve the sugar and make it less “gritty” tasting.
- Using a bowl to mix the coffee/water mixture will allow more air to circulate and get even more frothy volume.
- A hand mixer makes this so much easier! You can use a spoon, but it will take longer.
- You’ll want to mix the frothy coffee with the milk a little before taking a sip. It just makes it that much better and more like a frappe that we’re all used to.
What to Serve with Whipped Coffee
I think any time of day is perfect to have this frothy, creamy drink! Here are my favorites to have on the side!
That’s it! I could go on and on about how to make this and how amazing this Whipped Coffee really is -but you should just try it for yourself!
Be sure to let me know in the comments if you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Whipped Coffee - Dolgona Coffee
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- mix together all of the ingredients into a bowl
- using a hand mixture, immursion blender, or a spoon, whip the ingredients togetehr until light and fluffy.
- spoon the frothy coffee mixture over hot or cold milk in a glass.
- stir together before drinking