The Easiest Egg Salad Recipe is a classic, favorite lunch! Hard-boiled eggs mixed with mayo, mustard, dill, and a little salt and pepper – this Egg Salad makes the best egg salad sandwich, too!
The Best Egg Salad is made with simple ingredients and is so creamy and delicious! Easy to put together with the best flavor and it makes the perfect sandwich! You will make this recipe again and again!
Egg Salad Recipe
Egg salad sandwiches are always popular around Easter because we usually have a fridge full of hard-boiled eggs but I actually like this egg salad year-round. My mom used to always make it when I was little so this is a super comforting dish to me!
Today I used our leftover dyed Easter Eggs and whipped up a batch of “Easter” Egg Salad. You may see a little pink or blue in my sandwich, but don’t worry – it’s just food coloring! haha!
How to Make Egg Salad
Egg Salad Ingredients
- hard-boiled eggs
- salt + pepper
To Make Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Start with hardboiled eggs and peel the eggs. I like to use an instant pot to make my eggs, but you can also use the traditional boil method.
- Cut the eggs in half and add the yolks to a bowl and the egg whites to a cutting board.
- Mash the egg yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Chop the egg whites and add to the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- At this point, you can also add in mix-ins if desired.
Serve this egg salad recipe on toast, crackers, lettuce wraps, or even on a salad.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
IF you have leftovers, you can store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Also, if you don’t eat it immediately, it can be left out on the counter for about 2 hours before you need to place in a fridge.
How do you make an Egg Salad Sandwich?
After preparing your egg salad recipe, add to toast, rolls, croissants, or even a wrap!
What other ideas for mixing into the egg salad?
- Pickles or pickle relish.
- Green Onions
I love the simplicity of this classic Egg Salad Recipe that starts with only a few ingredients but can be taken up a notch by adding in different mix-ins or on different types of bread. It’s a classic!
Egg Salad Recipe
- 8 eggs hard-boiled and cooled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped or 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and chop whites.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, and salt & pepper until creamy.
- Add egg whites to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Serve on bread, toast, crackers, or over lettuce
For more easy recipes, try these next!