Breakfast pizza is a savory breakfast that’s hearty, satisfying, and super easy to make! A crescent roll crust is topped with sausage, hash brown potatoes, cheese, and eggs for a delicious breakfast everyone will love!
This breakfast pizza is one of my family favorites when it comes to weekend brunch recipes! It’s easy to make and so delicious, especially with the buttery crescent roll crust.
Although I usually make this on lazy Saturday mornings, and sometimes even Christmas morning, it’s really the perfect breakfast for any day of the week because you can store leftovers in the fridge and heat them up later! (I mean, when you can start your morning with pizza, it’s bound to be a good day, right?)
Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
If you’re hosting a brunch or going to a potluck, this crescent roll breakfast pizza is sure to be a hit, too. It’s always one of the first things to disappear! People just can’t seem to get enough of it, and it’s a nice change of pace from all the sweet dishes people usually bring to brunches and breakfasts. It’s easy to see why this is one of my favorite breakfast recipes, right?! I’d rank it up there with other brunch classics like my Easy Breakfast Casserole, Eggs Benedict and Ham and Cheese Quiche.
You can easily customize this recipe to your own tastes and preferences. Switch up the cheeses, swap the sausage for crispy bacon, or make it vegetarian by adding bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms instead of pork sausage! Just add a glass of orange juice, then round things out with a fresh fruit salad for the perfect breakfast! (It is the most important meal of the day, after all!)
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Can of crescent rolls – These make the pizza crust!
- Breakfast sausage – Feel free to use bacon or ham if you prefer. Bacon bits would work too!
- Shredded hash browns
- Shredded cheese – Cheddar cheese is a classic choice, or try gouda for something different!
- Large eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs with egg yolks to lighten things up.
- Garnish your breakfast pizza with green onions or chives, or serve it with hot sauce and your other favorite toppings.
- Swap the pork sausage for turkey sausage.
How to Make Homemade Breakfast Pizza
Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Grease a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or butter. If you want a deeper crust, grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish instead.
2. Cook the Sausage
Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until it is browned. Set the cooked sausage on a paper towel to drain off the excess grease.
3. Make the Crust
Take the crescent roll dough out and use your hands to cover the whole pan or dish with it, forming a crust. Make sure there are no holes in the dough.
Place the sausage on the dough, and then the potatoes and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the breakfast pizza.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Breakfast pizza can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. When you’re ready to eat it, just reheat it in the microwave or in your oven at 375ºF until it’s warmed through.
There’s not really any sauce in this recipe, and because the eggs are poured over the toppings, it wouldn’t really work to add one. That said, you could make gravy to spoon over the top of this breakfast pizza once it’s done baking. (Sausage gravy breakfast pizza?! Yes!)
Yes, you can freeze breakfast pizza! Just place it in a freezer-safe container or wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It will keep in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw the pizza overnight in the fridge and then reheat it in the oven at 375ºF until it’s warmed through.
The biggest difference between breakfast sausage and regular sausage is the seasonings. Breakfast sausage is typically seasoned with sage, thyme, and black pepper, while regular sausage is seasoned with salt, pepper, and fennel.
More Savory Breakfasts
- Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole With Bread
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
- 1 package crescent rolls thawed
- 8 oz breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded hash browns thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a small sheet pan. For a deeper crust, grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Fry the sausage in a large saute pan until browned. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Unpack the rolls and, using your hands, work the dough to cover the whole pan or dish taking care not to create any holes.
- Spoon the sausage evenly over the dough followed by the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage and potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese and whisk to combine and pour over the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set.