Bourbon Pretzels are the tastiest sweet and spicy holiday snack with a kick! Perfect for gift giving or just having around the house!
These pretzels are sweet, salty, spicy and bourbon-y (if that’s a word?!) Plus they are so easy to make, you’re going to want to make them during other times of the year, too!
I don’t know about you, but when I hear the word bourbon mixed with some sort of food, I’m all ears!
Whiskey Pretzels, Naughty Pretzels, Little Bites of Heaven Pretzels – whatever you want to call them, they’re GOOD!
Let’s dive into what makes this holiday snack so good!
How to Make Bourbon Pretzels
- Pretzels (I like the twists but any kind works!)
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
You could definitely mix up the spices to your liking – which I totally approve of! Here’s a few ideas!
- Cinnamon, Vanilla, Regular Sugar
- Garlic powder, Onion powder & Mustard Powder
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Italian Seasoning Packet (like for dressing)
Just whip up your favorites! I am sure it will be great! Just make sure to use butter and bourbon, too!
Speaking of bourbon, you can add your favorite here! I grabbed one of the little bottles at the store for $1. But you can use whatever you have one hand! Some of my favorites that I will be trying in this Bourbon Pretzel Recipe:
- Crown Vanilla
- Makers Mark
- Jim Beam
- Four Roses
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Melt butter on the stovetop or in a microwave oven
- Add to a large bowl and mix all of the other ingredients
- Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir around every 5 minutes
- When they’re done, spread on the counter on parchment paper and allow to dry for a couple of hours (and harden)
That’s it! A very simple recipe that pleases EVERYONE!
Note: You may find interesting that if you have kids that the alcohol does not cook out of baked items – only about 40%, I think you’d have to eat a ton to have any effect – but I wanted to mention this! haha!
These Bourbon Pretzels are perfect for gift-giving, too!
Just grab some little cellophane bags at the store, some pretty ribbon or string, and wah-la! You have something to give to the mailman, your neighbor, or even your kid’s teacher! Just make sure to label them BOURBON PRETZELS! haha!
- 1 16oz bag mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending on your taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Melt butter in a microwave oven or on the stovetop
- Add butter, spices, and bourbon to a large bowl and whisk well
- Toss the pretzels into the butter mixture and mix well
- Spread on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes - stirring halfway through baking
- Remove from oven and place on parchment paper on the counter to cool and harden 1-2 hours
- Store in an airtight container