This Antipasto Salad is a must to make over the summer. Actually, it is so satisfying and flavorful that you’ll want to make it all year round. The antipasto salad is filled with bright veggies, loaded with cured meats, and flowing with cheese. It truly is the best addition to any meal!
If you are looking to bring a smile to your friends and family’s faces, serve up this antipasto salad at your next meal. The antipasto salad is a classic that never gets old. There is a reason why the salad is a staple on so many menus. It’s great for a barbecue, that lazy weeknight dinner, or that summer holiday celebration.
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS ANTIPASTO SALAD
I would have to argue that this salad is one of the best around. The antipasto salad really has everything you want in a salad. It’s somehow savory, crunchy, sweet, soft, and filling all at the same time. The flavors meld together so smoothly to form the perfect bite.
This recipe is a staple on my summertime menus. It is the ultimate side dish and can basically be a meal in itself — it is that filling. What I love about this salad is all of the different flavor combinations. The cured meats, marinated veggies, and cheeses seamlessly pick up the tangy Italian dressing, allowing the flavors to shine in the best way possible.
Don’t worry about this being a sad summer salad. This salad is easily the opposite of just that. You might as well double the recipe as everyone will be going back for seconds — plus, that means you’ll have leftovers to snack on for the next day!
INGREDIENTS FOR AN ANTIPASTO SALAD
- Romaine lettuce – chopped up finely.
- Hard salami – cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Mozzarella cheese balls
- Provolone cheese – cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Roasted red peppers – canned is great to use, drain and chop before adding to the salad.
- Black olives – canned olives are great here.
- Artichoke hearts – go for the marinated artichoke hearts for extra flavor.
- Cherry tomatoes – half the tomatoes before adding to the salad.
- Basil leaves – fresh and chopped.
- Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
HOW TO MAKE A TASTY ANTIPASTO SALAD FOR SUMMERTIME
Chop the romaine lettuce and add it to a large bowl. Cut the remaining ingredients and add everything into the bowl with the romaine.
Mix all of the ingredients together with the Italian dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
An antipasto salad can vary in ingredients, but the main components of the salad include cured meat, marinated and pickled vegetables, and cheeses. It is topped with a simple Italian dressing.
The antipasto salad comes from Italian culture. It is traditionally the first course of an Italian meal. The name of the salad comes from the Latin root word “anti,” meaning before, and “pastus,” meaning the meal. Overall, it refers to the food served before the meal.
Antipasto salads lean towards the healthy side. The salad is full of protein and loaded with vegetables. Too much cheese can make the healthy dish a little hearty, but overall the salad is pretty healthy.
MORE SALADS TO ENJOY
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 oz hard salami cut into ½” cubes
- 4 oz small mozzarella cheese balls
- 4 oz sharp provolone cheese cut into ½” cubes
- 1/2 cup canned roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned sliced black olives drained
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Season to taste and serve cold or at room temperature.