Who doesn’t love a cupcake?! I love making them and I love to eat them. There’s just something about the little bites of sweet goodness that makes cupcakes fun!
Here’s a awesome recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes that I found on Martha Stewart’s website plus my favorite Cream Cheese Icing from scratch.
Simple and delicious!
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup warm water
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 3 tablespoons safflower oil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
2. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
1pkg.(8 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2cup butter, softened
1pkg.(16 oz.)powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
1 tsp GOOD Vanilla Extract
Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Spoon into small freezer-weight resealable plastic bag or decorating bag; seal bag.
Cut small corner off bottom of bag and insert 1mm Wilton tip. Using 1mm Swirl technique from Wilton, decorate each cupcake.