Who doesn’t love a cupcake?! I love making them and I love to eat them. There’s just something about the little bites of sweet goodness that makes cupcakes fun! They’re right up there with Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes and Homemade Chocolate Cake for me!
Here’s a awesome recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes that I found on Martha Stewart’s website plus my favorite Cream Cheese Icing from scratch. You can also use Homemade Chocolate Frosting if you prefer.
Simple and delicious!
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup warm water
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 3 tablespoons safflower oil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
2. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
1pkg.(8 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2cup butter, softened
1pkg.(16 oz.)powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
1 tsp GOOD Vanilla Extract
Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Spoon into small freezer-weight resealable plastic bag or decorating bag; seal bag.
Cut small corner off bottom of bag and insert 1mm Wilton tip. Using 1mm Swirl technique from Wilton, decorate each cupcake.