Connecting with your kids can be super hard in the busyness of today’s schedules filled with school, homework, and sports – try these Top 5 Tips To Connect with Kids that may help you connect with your kids today!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stonyfield® Organic.
It’s hard to believe that school has started. Summer is over and we are all settling back into a routine. One of my favorite times of the day is when my kids get home from school and tell me about their day – what new friends they made, what exciting (and not so exciting) things happened that day and what they’re looking forward to during the week.
Of course, they come in starving and ready for a snack! Snack time is a great time to hear all about their day, chat and catch up with each other, too!
I love to hear all the giggles and silliness coming from our front porch swing where most days they retreat to unwind from the day.
Connecting with your kids can be super hard in the busyness of today’s schedules filled with school, homework, sports, work and more!
So, I’m always looking for ways to make sure they feel I’m interested in their day and show that I care. I’ve come up with a few ideas that work for me. Maybe they will work for you!
Top 5 Tips To Connect with Kids
Here are a few of my Top Tips for Connecting with Kids that may help you connect with your kids, too!
- Share a Snack – Having a snack together after school is the perfect time to connect and hear about your child’s day AND they love to hear about your day, too!
- Craft/Paint – Most kids LOVE to create things and get messy. Have a little fun by doing a fun art or craft project together! Making Slime is a great craft everyone can get in to!
- Go For A Walk – There’s just something about getting outside and the fresh air that just helps conversations flow. Plus you can get some exercise in!
- Family Projects/Chores – While most kids balk at chores, almost all kids love to pitch in when everyone is doing something together. Pick a project with noticeable results to create a sense of pride. Even pulling weeds can be fun and rewarding!
- Game Night – Family game night is super fun and competitive – in a good way! It’s even better if you create teams and can work together as you play. Nobody can hold back the laughter when you see dad with whipped cream all over his nose!
Snack time after school is one of my favorite time to connect with my kids.
Since it’s so close to dinner time, I want to make sure they don’t fill up on sugary sweets or overfilling foods. So, I have found a great snack that my kids LOVE!
These USDA Organic & Non-GMO project verified snacks are delicious!
Stonyfield Yogurt & Graham Crackers Snack Pack or Chocolate Yogurt & Pretzels Snack Pack can be enjoyed anywhere since there’s no spoon needed. Super fun for kids!
I love that I there are no toxic persistent pesticides, artificial growth hormones, or antibiotics and no artificial flavors or colors in these Stonyfield Organic Snack Packs – EVER.
We are definitely Stonyfield fans and always have been. I remember it was THE ONLY yogurt I would give my kids when they were just starting out on solid foods. I could trust that they were getting all natural ingredients and nothing I couldn’t pronounce that was fake and harmful. They’ve loved it ever since!
Make sure to check out these awesome, on the go Stonyfield Snack Packs as an afterschool snack or whenever you need a healthy little treat! I have a feeling your kids will love them too!
Check out the Stonyfield website Store Locator to find a location near you that carries the NEW Stonyfield Snack Packs!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stonyfield® Organic.0