If you’re looking for a safe slime recipe for kids that doesn’t include borax, THIS is it!
This Ocean Slime Recipe, which is the perfect Shark Week Kids Activity, is made with a saline solution which makes it a great alternative to borax and produces the same GREAT result as our Glitter Slime Recipe!
Here’s How to Make Ocean Slime
- one 5oz bottle clear glue
- saline solution
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- blue food coloring gel
- pink glitter
- small ocean animals
- glass jar
How To Make Slime
- Start by adding glue to a medium size bowl
- Next, add a tiny bit of food coloring to your glue. Mix until the desired color is achieved. We used a very small amount to make a light blue color.
- Then, add in as much glitter as you’d like and mix well. We used about 1 teaspoon here.
- Add baking soda to glue mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add in several squirts of saline solution and mix well. You want the mixture to not be sticky. So, keep adding solution and keep mixing until it does not stick to your hands.
- Knead well once it’s not sticky.
That’s it! You now have the perfect Ocean Slime to play with! Add in your plastic ocean animals right into the slime mixture of add to the top and mix in. It’s up to you!
Making a safe slime recipe that is an alternative to a borax slime recipe is easy and affordable. PLUS, you get great results every time!
My kids LOVE to make slime and especially have fun with this Saline Solution Slime Recipe – Ocean Slime!
And if you’re looking for more Shark Week Activites to go with your Ocean Slime – head over to my Shark Bait Ice Cream Floats and Shark Bait Snack Mix on Kids Activities Blog that are the PERFECT kids snacks for Shark Week!
This Borax-Free Ocean Slime Recipe is sure to be the highlighted kids activity for any day!