Football season is in full force and we know the best parts about watching football are seeing your favorite team win and eating! Isn’t that really what we all like best?! I think so! This year was the first year my son played football. They start in 2nd grade here! I couldn’t believe it and quite honestly, it made me a little nervous. Thankfully my husband decided to coach his team, so I felt much better about Andrew learning the correct techniques and playing where he was best suited.
Andrew LOVES football! He has played and watched football since he could hold a ball. He just “gets” it. Andrew DVR’s the games on TV and watches them year round. He starts and stops the plays and watches carefully so that he can recreate them. And it shows! This boy can run a play. I was really impressed with his season! Of course, I was at every game cheering from the sidelines. I had no idea I’d like it so much! I have to admit that I was a little nervous when we played a few teams that didn’t play too fair – but for the most part, the season was fun!
One of my favorite parts about football season is playing a game and then heading home for some fun food afterwards! I love all kinds of appetizers, sandwiches and soups so this was the perfect opportunity to really get into some new recipes and even make some of our favorite stand-by recipes. This year I was asked to create a fun meal with the NEW Mission Super Soft Tortillas and what better time to create a new recipe than for after a football game?!
Mission Foods has Super Soft Tortillas that are great for making all sorts of recipes for football appetizers. Mission has gone soft. Super soft. That’s good news for tortilla lovers, since you can now try all your favorite recipes with the new super soft flour tortillas. Of course, you’ll still get the Mission tortilla taste you love, with 0 grams trans fat per serving. That’s a good thing!
For my recipe, I whipped up some amazing Quesadillas filled with cheese, chicken and pico di gallo to spice things up a bit! We are huge quesadilla lovers in our house! So creating a fun, new recipe that we will all love to eat was great! Making the perfect quesadilla is easier than you would think. Here’s my no fail recipe you’re gonna love! It’s super versatile – add whatever filling you like if you’re not a spice fan. It’s guaranteed to be good!
Spicy Chicken QuesadillasPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 package Mission Super Soft Tortillas
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chile pepper
- 1/4 cup monterray jack cheese
- 1/4 cup pico di gallo
- sour cream and salsa optional
- Coat chicken with spices and bake 375 degree oven for 30 mins. Allow to cool slightly and shred.
- Use a skillet that this big enough to accomodate your tortilla. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of butter to the pan. Melting and swirling around.
- Add 1 tortilla to the pan along with half the cheese,1/3 cup shredded chicken, pico and the remaining cheese.
- Top with 2nd tortilla.
- Cook until tortilla is brown on one side and flip.
- Continue to cook until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into triangles.
- Mix 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup sour cream together to dip your quesadillas in.
- Continue to make the rest of the package of tortillas the same way.
Want to try out the NEW Soft Mission Tortillas? Here’s your chance to WIN your own! TWO winners will be chosen to win ONE package of Mission Soft Tortillas! Just tell me in the comments below
WHAT RECIPE YOU’D USE THE NEW SOFT MISSION TORTILLAS WITH!