Pulled Pork Tacos is a simple recipe to toss in your slow cooker and cook.
And once you taste the flavor of these slow cooker pulled pork tacos, you just might not want your tacos any other way, ever again. There’s just something so comforting about this simple sweet and spicy recipe.
With this simple pork recipe making up to 15 tacos, this is an easy meal that will feed your whole family will ease.
Easy Crock Pot Recipe With Adobe Sauce
The added shredded orange peel is such a fun flavor twist to this simple taco recipe. It adds a citrus flavor that really packs a punch!
If you’re craving a delicious slow cooker recipe, this is a great choice to make!
You can easily use this simple pulled pork recipe to meal prep ahead of time and have dinner waiting for everyone after a long day of school or work.
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
Trim off any excess fat before adding to the slow cooker. Pork shoulder is the best cut of meat to use for this recipe because it’s easy to shred once cooked.
Every one of the spices in this recipe adds so much fun flavor!
Don’t forget to add in the juice to help with that citrus taste!
Spicy Pulled Pork
Like spice? Check out The Pioneer Woman’s Spicy Pulled Pork recipe as well! It’s that same pulled pork flavor, but with a kick!
HOW TO MAKE PULLED PORK TACOS
In a small bowl, whisk together the dried oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper
Rub seasoning mixture onto pork shoulder on all sides
Add onion, garlic, orange juice and peel, lime juice and chipotle pepper to slow cooker
Place pork on top
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature is 145 degrees F
Remove pork from slow cooker onto a cutting board, let cool slightly
Shred pork with forks
Heat oil in large skillet on the stove
Add pork and some of the juice from the slow cooker
Turn often to brown the pork until juices have evaporated
Repeat with more pork if your skillet doesn’t hold all of it
Serve immediately with tortillas and toppings
Store leftovers in the refrigerator
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make certain to let cool before cutting as it will shred easier when it’s not so hot.
- You can freeze for later by storing it in a freezer-safe container.
EASY PORK RECIPES
Pulled Pork Tacos
- 3-4 pound pork shoulder, trimmed slightly
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons oil - vegetable or canola
For the Tacos
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Crumbled Cotija, Mexican cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Mango Salsa
- Any toppings you like on tacos
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dried oregano, cumin, salt and pepper
- Rub seasoning mixture onto pork shoulder on all sides
- Add onion, garlic, orange juice and peel, lime juice and chipotle pepper to slow cooker
- Place pork on top
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature is 145 degrees F
- Remove pork from slow cooker onto cutting board, let cool slightly
- Shred pork with forks
- Heat oil in large skillet on stove
- Add pork and some of the juice from the slow cooker
- Turn often to brown the pork until juices have evaporated
- Repeat with more pork if your skillet doesn’t hold all of it
- Serve immediately with tortillas and toppings
- Store leftovers in refrigerator