Make Family Meal tIme Easy and Fun with these quick dinner ideas and tips!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Family meals are an important part of our day. With 3 kids involved in sports and dance – plus school, we’re always on the go. But dinner time is the one time we can slow down and enjoy a meal together and catch up on the day.
Some days I throw something in the Instant Pot and other’s I make something a little easier. But we always try to sit down and enjoy a little time together.
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite quick dinner ideas and tips for Meal Time each day!
Tips For Family Meals
- Sit Down Dinner: This may sound like a simple tip, but sitting down together at the table or around the kitchen island is key. Slowing down to enjoy the meal and talk about the day is key to connecting.
- Turn Off Technology: Make dinner time a ZERO technology zone. No cell phones, work, email, TV.
- Make it Simple: The last thing you want is more stress. Don’t worry about making the perfect meal from scratch or what plates you’re eating off (paper works, too!), just the act of eating together is what matters most.
- Pre-Make Meals: Cook a big batch of soup or a double batch of a casserole and freeze it to make weekday dinners easier. Crock Pot and Instant Pot Meals are quick and easy, too!
- Choose Meals That Come Together Fast: Meals can be thrown together quickly with help from store-bought ingredients, like frozen foods, pre-cut veggies or pre-made pizza dough.
- Get Everyone Involved: Give everyone a job to get dinner on the table – set out silverware and napkins, make drinks, get out plates and condiments.
- Everyone Cleans Up: Everyone can help clean up and get the job done faster!
- Talk: Talk about the day. Usually, once you bring up the day and ask everyone about their day, the conversation will start to flow. Keep it light and fun!
Keep other meals in mind if dinner isn’t possible, chose to have a family breakfast or snack. It’s really about spending time together as a family!
Quick Dinner Ideas
Taco Soup – Throw all the ingredients into a pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Or if you have a little more time, add to your crock pot early in the day to be ready by dinner
Chicken Cordon Bleu and Veggies – A quick and easy meal! Barber Foods® Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Chicken Breasts are one of our favorites! The perfect serving size and can be cooked in the oven or heated in the microwave! Add a side of veggies and you have a meal everyone will love! *see more below
Buffalo Chicken Nachos – Spice up dinner time and make a fun meal like nachos! It’s a great quick dinner idea that can be on the table in less than 20 mins!
Barber Foods At Walmart
Barber Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a flavorful combination of high-quality chicken hand-stuffed with quality ingredients!
They’re so easy to prep and perfect for lunch or dinner! I feel good about giving these delicious and flavorful chicken breasts to my family because the chicken is raised with no hormones which is a very good thing!
You can find a variety of other flavors at Walmart – that’s where I get mine!
And now you can save even more on your favorite Barber Foods products with the Shopkick savings app!
Family Meal Time doesn’t have to be complicated to be meaningful and fun! Follow these tips and quick dinner ideas to plan your week out today!