It doesn’t get much more fun than chocolate lasagna! You’ll love the layers of cream cheese, Oreos, pudding, and chocolate chips—and how easy it is to make!
When it comes to dinner, you can’t beat homemade lasagna. But what about lasagna for dessert? Yep, chocolate lasagna is a thing, and this dessert is a crowd pleaser!
It’s so easy to make, and you only need a few simple ingredients, including chocolate pudding mix, whipped topping, cream cheese, and Oreos. If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that will wow your friends and family, you’ll impress everyone with this chocolate lasagna recipe!
Easy Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Just like traditional lasagna, you’ll find yourself going back for seconds (and maybe thirds) when you make this chocolate lasagna. You’ll cut yourself a big piece, then tell yourself you’re just going to have one more sliver, then another… oh my goodness, it’s hard to stop!
Maybe it’s the layers of creamy, chocolatey goodness, or the way it practically melts in your mouth, or maybe it’s the combination of textures and flavors, but whatever it is, you’re going to want to make this chocolate lasagna recipe again and again.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Oreo cookies – You can use classic Oreos, or one of the flavored varieties.
- Unsalted butter – Melt this on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Cream cheese – Let this soften to room temperature.
- Granulated sugar
- Whole milk – I recommend whole milk for maximum creaminess.
- Cool Whip – Let this thaw before you use it.
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
- Make the Oreo crust – In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they form fine crumbs. Transfer them to a medium mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir to combine, then press the crumbs into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make the cream cheese layer – Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and sugar together until they are light and fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and beat to combine. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Make the pudding – In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and the remaining milk until smooth. Put it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so it will set.
- Assemble – Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Spread a layer of chocolate pudding over the cream cheese. Chill again. Spread the rest of the Cool Whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
How to Store Chocolate Lasagna
Store chocolate lasagna wrapped in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. You can also freeze chocolate lasagna for up to 2 months; let it thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Chocolate lasagna is made with cream cheese, Oreos, whipped topping, pudding, and mini chocolate chips. All of these ingredients are layered in a pan, just like you’d layer lasagna!
Everyone puts their own unique spin on chocolate lasagna, but my favorite version is in the recipe card below.
No, so you can’t use whipped cream as a substitute for Cool Whip in this recipe. Cool Whip is more stable because it has other ingredients added to the cream.
More Oreo Recipes
- How To Make THE BEST No-Bake Oreo Dessert EVER
- Easy Oreo Truffles With Cream Cheese (AKA Oreo Balls)
- Oreo Pie
- Oreo Poke Cake
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip thawed (two 8oz containers)
- 2 3.9oz boxes of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until you have fine cookie crumbs. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Stir to combine. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish and spread the crumb to cover the entire dish. Gently pack the crumb down with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the 2 tbsp of milk and beat to combine. Fold in the Cool Whip and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and remaining milk. Transfer to the refrigerator to set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese mix over the Oreo crumb. Transfer to the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Next, spread a layer of the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese. Chill. Add the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.