Summer is one of the best times for making memories. It seems most of my best memories are centered around things we did as a family in the summer in as a child. Beach vacations, back yard barbecues, nights in the backyard catching fire flies – these are all things I look back on and remember with such joy!
One of my favorite things to do during those long summer days, was to ride my bicycle. We would spend hours on the sidewalks in front of my house riding back and forth all day long! I had the best bike with a banana seat, a bell and even a basket to put my cat in. haha! I’m not sure Mama Kitty enjoyed it so much, but I sure did!
I really want my kids to have the same fond memories of summer as I did as a child so that one day when they look back, they’ll remember the times that were so much fun. So, I try to do fun things during the summer that create memories and I’m sharing them here with you today! Maybe you can take away a few ideas you’d like to do this summer to create memories in your family!
10 WAYS TO CREATE SUMMER FUN
1. Bake – Bake some cookies, a cake or even dinner together as a family. Give each family member a job – washing and cutting vegetables, peeling carrots or stiring the bowl are all jobs most ages can do. Try it!
2. Take a trip – Take a trip to the beach, camping or any vacation spot you’ve wanted to visit. This is sure to invoke happy memories down the road!
3. Bike ride – Take a bike ride as family. Pack snacks or a lunch to stop along your way and enjoy together.
4. Go fishing – Hanging out for the day at the lake can be a great way to slow down and reconnect together. Bonus – you can pick up dinner, too!
5. Plant a garden – Planting a garden and taking care of it all summer is a great family activity the whole family can get in on. Plus, they’ll love eating what’s been grown with their hard work and labor!
6. Plan a staycation – You don’t have to leave town to have a vacation! Turn off Facebook and forget your to-do list for the weekend and visit all the local spots tourists in your town visit. Get to know your town even better!
7. Have ice cream for dinner – How often do you have ice cream for dinner? I bet never! Try this for fun one summer evening for a sure way to create happy memories! Hey…chocolate is a food group, right?!
8. Go to the drive-in – Take a step back in time and introduce your kids to the drive-in! Bring your own snacks, open the back of the mini-van and bring blankets to lay on. Make sure to grab a double feature, too!
9. Volunteer together – Create some quality time together while helping others! This is a great way to instill great values into your kids while also creating lasting memories!
10. Go on a Scavenger Hunt – Break up into groups or go as a family on a scavenger hunt in your neighborhood, the park or even all over town. So much fun and a great way to work together!
One of our favorite brands, Radio Flyer, is celebrating its 100 year Anniversary in 2017. I can remember having my own Radio Flyer ride-ons as a child and now, I’m sharing them with my own children! What a neat way to make memories!
For 100 years, Radio Flyer has been powering play and inspiring imagination in kids of all ages and is the leading builder of wagons, tricycles, pre-school scooters and other ride-ons and becoming the most loved brand for kid’s wheels in the world! Based in Chicago, Radio Flyer has more than 100 award-winning products available in 25 countries.
Radio Flyer’s founder Antonio Pasin started Radio Flyer in 1917 and his dream was to “bring joy to every boy and every girl” and is proud to be a timeless symbol of childhood imagination and has become the most loved brand for kids’ wheels in the world.
Creating Summer Fun is easy with a few helpful tips! Share yours below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Radio Flyer. The opinions and text are all mine.