Here’s a yummy and delicious bar cookie recipe that you have to make!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Marble Bars!
Lately I’ve really been trying to be good and not have lots of sweets and processed foods. But, when we planned a dinner with our Life Group at Church, I knew this would be the perfect time to make something sweet. What better treat to have than chocolate chip cookies AND when you turn them into bars and add peanut butter chips – OH. MY. GOODNESS. Heaven on a plate! Or a napkin. Or just in your hand over the kitchen sink. (don’t pretend like you’ve never done that! haha!)
I first had this Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Marble Bar when a friend brought us a plate with a meal after Sydney was born. They were so good that we had the whole batch gone in less than a day! I would have to grab one every time I walked by! Thankfully she shared the recipe – which I lost – but was able to find it online! YAY! Nestle’s Toll House Marble Bars is the perfect recipe to add your own touch to. That’s what I did and I’m sharing it with you!
Make sure to share these with your friends or you’ll end up eating the whole batch alone!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Marble Bars
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco
- 10 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. of water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Blend butter, sugars vanilla and water with mixer.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time and mix well.
- Spread batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate and peanut butter chips
- Bake 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife through the batter to swirl.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.