Saving money on groceries is a MUST for my weekly budget.
I love to cook and provide meals for my family, but actually BUYING groceries pains me. So, I need all the best money saving tips on buying groceries I can get!
So, after lots of shopping for groceries and spending way too much money, I’ve come up with the best way to save money on groceries each week! AND I want to share my tips with you so that you can save the most money on buying groceries as possible!
How to Save The MOST Money on Groceries
1. Check what you have before you go to the store. Never go to the grocery store when you don’t know what you actually need. That’s just a recipe for disaster! Make a plan!
2. Plan your meals around items you already have at home. Check your pantry and refrigerator to see what you have on hand. Grab your pen and paper and write it down to create a meal plan. It’s much more economical to buy two ingredients for a meal instead of 5 or 6. Make it a habit to always check before leaving the house. This also cuts down on waste from food that goes bad!
3. Check digital store apps for discounts and grocery coupons. Some grocery stores have rewards for past shopping trips and even personalize your offers to your spending habits. It’s simple to use, you can make a running list of items, and most will I show how much money you’ve saved each trip. It’s perfect for the budget conscience shopper!
4. Make a list and stick to it! Impulse buys are everywhere. Stay away from endcaps since they have tempting goods that aren’t always the best deal.
5. Don’t go to the store hungry. I don’t know about you, but if I walk in the store hungry, I HAVE to have everything that looks good! This is a bad idea and you’ll end up spending way more than you came in for.
6. Shop the outside aisles. Shop mainly around the perimeter of the store where the freshest items are – dairy, veggies, fruit, and meat. The inside aisles are mostly processed and higher priced items. Make it a habit to only grab a few convenience items from there. But if you do shop the inside aisles, check for grocery coupons before you go.
7. Buy produce that is in season. Vegetables and fruits have seasons where they are readily available and have wonderful prices. Buy items when the prices are low!
8. Buy cheaper cuts of meats. Buying cheaper meat that needs trimmed or cut into smaller portions yourself. You’ll save money since they butcher didn’t have to trim it in store.
9. Plan meals that can be turned into other meals. Buy two pounds of hamburger – make one and freeze the the other. You’ll end up saving money from less packaging and be ahead for the next week when planning out your meals!
10. Don’t throw out leftovers. Freeze them! Whether it’s chicken stock, herbs or extra taco meat, use a good freezer bag or freezer container and freeze for the next time you need it. You’ll save money by not wasting!
Saving money on groceries is a MUST when you have a family. I’d love to to hear your tips for how you make it work in your home! I’m sure I could use a few of them!
Make sure to check out my other Money Saving Posts for more tips and tricks on the best ways to save money!
>>HOW TO EARN CASH BACK FOR YOUR ONLINE SHOPPING