Make these easy homemade baby wipes in five minutes or less with just a few ingredients you have on hand at home! When you can make your own baby wipes, you can see the simple ingredients that you’re able to use! Are you ready to learn how to make your own homemade baby wipes? Forget about name brand at the store and make your own wet wipes instead! If you’re ready to make your own products, this is it!
The Want To Make Your Own Homemade Wipes
I believe that when you have children, you just automatically want to be better. Be better at taking care of yourself, be better at taking care of your home, be better at taking care of the environment and you certainly want to do your best to take care of you child.
It can be overwhelming trying to change everything you do all at once, that’s why I think it’s important to take baby steps when changing the way you live.
One of the easier steps to take is with the products you use around your home and on yourself and your baby. Since my sweet Sydney has some of the most sensitive skin around, I use the most gentle products on it. It’s been a process of trial and error and we’re still learning as we go.
These diaper wipes have been a wonderful change to our life! I’ve been using them for about a month now and I wanted to wait it out to make sure I like them before sharing with you. And…we have a winner!! I’ve tried several different “recipes” I’ve found around the internet and come up with the concoction that works best for us and I’m sure will for you!
If you’re looking for an easy recipe that you can keep handy on the changing table, I’ve got good news for you! You can easily make a new batch quickly and easily when the need strikes! Trust me – it’s a great idea to make your own natural wipes. I’ve never been a fan of buying baby products from the store so I knew that making my own was my best bet!
How to Make Homemade Diaper Wipes
**NOTE** You must use a good quality paper towel. My favorite is Bounty. Don’t try to cheap out or you’ll just become frustrated as you are trying to wipe your baby’s bum and the towel just rips and crumbles in your hand. You could also use wash clothes or flannel from receiving blankets cut into squares – then you would just have to wash them up and reuse them. This would be the most cost effective and eco-friendly method. But, for now…I’m using the paper towels. I may switch to flannel for wet diapers and save the paper for poopy ones. I’ll keep you posted.
- First – you want to take a sharp knife or electric knife (that’s what I use) and cut your entire roll of paper towels in half. I then tear off each sheet so that I can put them in my diaper wipes container. You don’t have to do this…you could always keep them on the roll, use a taller container and pull out the center cardboard roll once the wipes are all wet.
2. I then take 2 cups of warm boiled or purified water and add:
- 2 Tablespoons of Dr. Bronner’s Mild Baby Soap – Pure Castle Soap. Gentle on baby’s skin and 100% Fair Trade Organic
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil – you could use fractionated oil, like I have above or your favorite brand – melted. I have used both and enjoy both.
- 5-6 drops of both Lavender and Melaleuca essential oils. Both oils are known for their soothing and antibacterial properties.
3. Mix all of the above ingredients together and pour over paper towels in a Ziploc bag or in your container. Let it all soak in – but DO NOT squeeze This will make the wipes all sudsy and that’s not good. Just let them hang out and do their thing.
I keep my old wipes container handy and just reuse that for storage but really any type of plastic container will work!
You may want to experiment with the ratios of soap/and essential oils for your own preference. I’ve tried several different ways but the above is my favorite.
I always stock up when there is a great deal on the natural ingredients so I can get them at a great price. When you take the time to create this baby wipe solution recipe, you’re going to love the way it’s gentle on their skin!
That’s it! Keep in your wipes container for up to two weeks. But, more than likely you’ll use them up in a little over a week.
Try it out! I have a feeling you’re going to really like how well they work and keep you baby’s skin soft and rash free!
You could even make and give some at a baby shower to a friend, too! It takes little time and is a great gift idea! Showing other moms that they can save money is always a good idea!
NOTE: While I loved doTERRA Essential Oils – I am now using Young Living! Come check out why I made the switch!