My kids are snackers. I chalk it up to growing. But, honestly I think they just like good food like their mamma. I don’t mind if they snack, as long as it’s a healthy snack. Fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are all really good options. They also like it when I make healthy snacks for them, like this Fresh Berry and Coconut Granola Parfait and Homemade Granola recipes I’ve shared here before. They also like cakes, cookies and muffins – but who doesn’t??!! So, I try to make those kind of foods healthier by adding in fruits and nuts, using white whole wheat flour instead of white flour and using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. The kids don’t seem to notice the changes and they taste really good. Plus, I don’t mind them eating an extra muffin or two when I know it’s full of good-for-you ingredients!
Here’s one of our favorite muffin recipe that uses yogurt to make the muffins moist and delicious -Cranberry Orange Muffins! You could always change up the yogurt flavor or add in different fruits and nuts to this recipe. It’s up to you!
I like Yoplait vanilla yogurt in about everything. It adds such a good flavor to whatever I put it in and it’s good for you! I think the next time I make these muffins, I’m going to try Yoplait Greek Yogurt. I am really loving all the different flavors and creaminess you can get out of it these days.
Check out these Cranberry Orange Muffins the next time you’re looking for a healthy snack. They’re so yummy!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and orange zest
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.