If you’re looking for some delicious ways to enjoy watermelon, you’ve come to the right place! These 3 Delicious Watermelon Recipes are amazing!
Is there anything better than a nice slice of cool watermelon on a hot summer day? Actually, there is… there are all kinds of delicious things you can make with this popular summer fruit.
Check out 3 of our favorite, mouth-wateringly delicious watermelon recipes that are just perfect for hot summer days.
Watermelon Lemonade is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups diced watermelon
- Pour the sugar and 1/2 cup of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Puree the watermelon in your blender. If there were seeds, strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a large pitcher. Add the remaining water, lemon juice, watermelon juice and ice. Stir until well combined and chilled.
- You can add some sliced or cubed watermelon and lemon slices to your pitcher for added flavor and to make it look pretty for a garden party or picnic.
- This can be made well ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Or make a batch of lemonade and add the watermelon puree before serving.
With drinks out of the way, how about a delicious cool soup. It’s great for lunch or to serve as an appetizer before you start the grill for dinner.
Cool Watermelon Soup
- 1 3- pound seedless watermelon
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Start with the watermelon. If you want your finished soup to look extra pretty, scoop out about a cup's worth of melon with a small melon baller. Roughly chop the rest and throw it in a bender. Otherwise, dice your melon, reserve one cup, and again throw the rest in the blender. Blend until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
- Seed, peel and dice your cucumber and bell pepper. Add them to the bowl.
- Peel and finely dice the red onion. Chop the basil and add both to the bowl along with the oil, vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Let’s wrap things up with a fun little summertime dessert. Have you ever tried grilling watermelon? It is absolutely delicious and easy to do. The outside caramelizes and it gives the watermelon a completely different (but just as yummy) flavor and texture.
This couldn’t be simpler. Slice your watermelon and lightly sprinkle them with salt. Set them in a colander. The salt will draw out some of the water. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. Next, brush the watermelon with honey and grill them on both sides until there are nice grill marks and the honey starts to caramelize. It took only a few minutes per side. for us. Serve hot.
We hope you enjoyed these simple summer watermelon recipes. We would like to invite you to check out the Homemaker’s Hutch Digital Magazine. Each monthly issue is packed full of hands-on advice, delicious recipes for things your family will actually eat and plenty of support from moms and homemakers just like you.
Sign up today at www.HomemakersHutch.com2