We’re smack dab in the middle of a cold and dry Winter here in the Midwest. My skin and hair are starting to feel the effects. But, thankfully I came up with a home remedy that will help!
I love essential oils and all natural products so much that it was just fitting that I pull out a few bottles and create this decadent, sweet smelling Peppermint Orange Essential Oil Sugar scrub! It’s so easy to make – you’ll never go back to a store bought scrub again!
1. Take your favorite essential oil – Mine is doTERRA’s Wild Orange and Peppermint – and put them aside to add later. Make sure whatever oil you chose, that it’s 100% safe and natural – no added fillers or junk! The kind you buy in a supermarket – not good. Need help getting some oils that are safe? Message me! I can help! You will also need 1 Cup of Sugar and 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil. Cold pressed, virgin is best. If you haven’t started using coconut oil in your home – start! There’s so many great benefits!
2. Add your sugar to a large bowl. Next, melt the coconut oil in a double broiler or microwave until it’s liquid. I find it’s easier to mix that way. When it’s liquid, pour into the sugar and mix with a spoon. Add in 4-6 drops of each of your essential oils. Or if you’re just using one essential oil – 12 drops should do. Essential oils are very strong! No need to over do it here.
3. When you have it all mixed up – add it to a pretty jar with a lid. I have a ton of mason jars around so I put mine in one of the large mouth quart jars. This Peppermint Orange Essential Oil Sugar Scrub makes the perfect gift, too! If you want, you can add a cute tag and a ribbon to the lid, like I did here. Super cute!
Add to smaller little containers to give away. It makes the perfect hand scrub! Just wet hands, add a little sugar scrub and scrub away! Rinse in warm water and add lotion after you dry. It’s soooo nice! Your hands will feel smooth, soft and smell so good!
There’s several different variables you could make to this scrub that would be nice! Change out the coconut oil for almond, avocado or grapeseed oil – each are wonderful for your skin! As for essential oils – try lavender for a relaxing experience, geranium for skin softening, lemon and lime for uplifting and ylang ylang for a grounding effect. Whatever you chose, it will be great!
Peppermint Orange Essential Oil Sugar Scrub
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil - melted
- 4-6 drops orange essential oil
- 4-6 drops peppermint essential oil
- Add sugar to a large bowl
- Pour coconut oil to the bowl and mix well
- Stir in essential oils
- Add to glass jar with a lid to save
- Store on counter or in cabinet.