It’s time for cookies – lots and lots of Christmas Cookies! That IS your favorite part of the holidays, right? Right! Here’s the 1st cookie recipe I’ll be sharing as we get closer to Christmas. Check back often for more to come!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container.