I love Fridays! Not only are they the start of the weekend, but they are also the day I’m on Fox Illinois for Good Day Illinois Marketplace! Did you know that?! If not, then you’re missing out! haha! I am on each week sharing recipes, tips, crafts and more!
You can catch up on all my past segments by checking out my Good Day Marketplace Tab at the top of the page. I am so thankful to have this opportunity each week! AND I really enjoy being there! The host, Melanie Streeper, is so kind and so much fun to be around. We really have a great time together!
Not to mention the whole crew and staff are amazing! Everyone is so nice and they even love my food. That’s a good thing! This week I made Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars and my oh my! They were to die for! Everyone loved them! AND I even came home and made some more! I’ll have some really pretty shots for you soon, but I wanted to share the recipe right away for the viewers who tuned in today. I know you’re all dying to make this one! Trust me. It’s easy AND delicious!
You can always catch me on Fridays LIVE online if you aren’t local – from 8-9am on Fox 55/27 in Springfield, IL. I also post lots of fun photos from the morning on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I just love the behind the scenes ones, don’t you?! But for now, checkout these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars that must be on your table this Thanksgiving!
Next week on Good Day Marketplace, I’ll be sharing some DIY Thanksgiving Centerpieces that won’t break the bank and anyone can do! Don’t forget to tune in!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1 stick melted butter
- 4 packages 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup 8 oz canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter with a fork. Stir and mix well.
- With your fingers or the back of a spoon press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer, add softened cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix carefully.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth. Carefully, spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Top each bar with whipped cream and a dust of pumpkin pie spice.