This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NurseryMusts #CollectiveBias
It always seems that in spring and summer there is an abundance of baby showers to attend and I find myself always going back to the same gifts to take. Making up a cute basket full of essentials or with a theme is a great idea for giving baby shower gifts to the mom-to be! Here’s one of my favorites- Diapering Gift Basket- that any mom would LOVE to have as a gift for a baby shower! And it’s super helpful! No need to worry if mom will return it or place it in the back of the closet!
Fill a cute basket full of diaper essentials for the mom to be for a better beginning! It’s a great useable gift that will definitely come in handy.
Here’s my 5 Must-Have Baby Shower Gifts that any mom will love!
1. Diaper Genie Complete – Let’s face it, there will be a A LOT of stinky diapers for a few years. Why not give mom a place to put them in the nursery that is stylish AND functions well. The NEW Diaper Genie Complete is the most advanced Diaper Genie system yet holding up to 270 dirty diapers! The Ultimate Odor Lock system features a 7-layer refill bag with double Air-Tite® CLAMP with a built in carbon odor lock system that helps lock in strong diaper odors! Which is a VERY good thing! It also has a foot pedal for adding in diapers with one hand! We all know how important that is! Every new mom will love this gift!
2. Playtex Nurser with Drop Ins – Okay, so this technically isn’t a diapering item but it is essential, so why not add it?! Whether mom is nursing or not, there will come a time this bottle WILL come in handy. It’s the only bottle my nursing babies would take! Playtex Nurser with Drop-Ins Liners are closer to natural breastfeeding and they simulate the same suck, swallow and breathing patterns as breastfeeding. So it’s easier to switch between breast and bottle feeding. As any nursing mother will tell you, that’s a hard thing sometime. But with daycare and the occasional date, moms need to be able to have baby take a bottle and the Playtex Nurser helps! The liner gently collapses like the breast as baby drinks, preventing air from getting into milk and mixing with baby’s tummy which helps prevent gas and colic. Very helpful to mom and baby!
3. Diapers – You can NEVER have too many diapers! This is one gift that you can be sure mom will appreciate and use often! I always buy a size 1 for baby because they outgrown newborn sizes so quickly! Target has some of THE BEST diapers around. So, why not introduce mom to this store brand that is just as good as any name brand at a fraction of the cost! AND if you use coupons and cartwheel, you can usually get them for close to nothing! Score! Check out my post on saving money on buying diapers for more tips!
4. Diaper Wipes & Diaper Cream – This pretty much go hand-in-hand. Again, you can’t have too many diaper wipes! Pick up a package that is unscented, hypoallergenic and alcohol free. A diaper wipe that is more like a real-cloth is best. While real cloths would work well, we all know how practical that is in the early days of a new baby. Right?! Also, baby can get rashes from many different things, but with a good cream that helps to soothe, heal and protect can help! Add these essentials to your gift basket and mom is sure to put them to good use!
5. Wash Cloths – Wash cloths have so many good uses! From cleaning up baby’s face and hands, to bath time, to using to clean baby’s bottom gently. Sometimes baby is sensitive to wipes in the beginning so warm water and a gentle baby soap is all that is needed. Having a good wash cloth in your closet can help!
Whether you’re a first time mom or a mom for the 5th time, there’s always some must have items you need to have in your nursery to make those early days of baby go well. I have certain items that I just can’t be without and I love to share those items with moms for their baby showers or as a homecoming gift for baby. These items can help!
All the items you see above came from Target. My favorite store for ALL THINGS – including must-have baby items! Make sure to check out the Diaper Genie – a #NurseryMust!