Keeping your house clean during summer vacation can be a challenge when you have the kids home. With running in and out from playing ball, bike riding, playing water games and jumping on the trampoline, there is bound to be dirt drug in no matter how careful they are! I don’t know about you, but some days it makes me a little crazy even though I love having the home with me! So, to help combat the dirt and grime and mess, I’ve compiled my best daily cleaning tips to help keep things under control – including your sanity!
Here’s my 5 Secrets for Keeping Your Carpet Clean That Will Help You Keep Your Sanity during the summer months!
1. Shoes stay outside! With all the in and out of summer, make sure to have everyone keep their shoes outside the door. Shoes carry in dirt and grime and track right onto your floors and carpet. Have a designated area for shoes to go OUTSIDE the door.
2. Wipe feet! My kid are notorious for going barefoot outside and then they track in grass and dirt onto the floors. Having a towel by the door to have the kids wipe their feet off is a great way to keep the dirt outside!
3. Sweep and vacuum daily – sometimes twice! Make sure to keep up on your floors by cleaning up daily. If you let dirt get ground in, it will be harder to get out. Sweeping and vacuuming also help keep dirt from being drug all over the house.
4. Clean up stains immediately. If something gets spilled on the floor or carpets, use a good quality stain remover to remove it quickly. Spilled sticky drinks, mud and food is likely to take a tumble at some point, clean it up fast to ensure it comes out.
5. Clean clean carpets periodically. Keep your carpets in tip top shape by cleaning them often. The best AND most affordable way to do this is by renting a carpet cleaner and doing it yourself! Use a good quality carpet cleaning solution, as well to ensure a deep down, antibacterial clean! Here’s a great way to clean your carpet that is affordable AND works!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rug Doctor for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
The Rug Doctor deep-cleaning system process is versatile and can be used on more than just carpet, including upholstery, mattresses and other soft surfaces, a professional-grade deep clean at a fraction of the cost! Renting a Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner is around $29.99 – depending on the store and market you’re in – which can save you $200 or more when you have to hire a professional. AND most rooms can be cleaned in just 20 minutes!
PLUS – all cleaning solutions have been tested and proven safe for children and pets with a Seal of Approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute, the carpet industry’s only scientific program to test and measure the effectiveness of cleaning products and equipment!
You can find a rental location near you by clicking here!
By following my 5 Secrets for Keeping Your Carpets Clean, you are sure to keep your home in great shape during summer break and keep your sanity!2