Drop one of these Stress-Free DIY Homemade Bath Bombs Fizzies into your bath and relax! Lavender essential oil is known to calm and renew your mind and body. It’s a great way to end the day!
I am a sucker for bath and body products. I love a good lotion and body wash. I especially love the ones that smell great, are good for your skin and are all natural.
So, when I was coming up for recipes for my book, Essential Oils for a Clean and Healthy Home, I knew I had to add in a few recipes for pampering along with the cleaning recipes!
And, today – I’m sharing one of my favorites!
How to Make Stress Free Bath Bombs
Bath Bombs! You know the little bath fizzies that you can add to your bathtub that smells so good?
Well, they’re easy to make and much more affordable than buying them at the store. PLUS you know what’s going into them every time!
By using a silicone mold that you can find at any hobby store or on Amazon, you can create all kinds of shapes and sizes to give as gifts or keep for yourself!
My homemade bath bombs only have a few ingredients that you can pick up at any store –
Fractionated Coconut Oil (or any carrier oil such as almond oil, grapeseed oil or olive oil)
I like to keep things simple. The more simple things are, the easier they are for you!
Essential oils make these bath bombs smell amazing! I LOVE essential oils for so many things. From aromatherapy to adding to my bath products and more – the uses are endless. Make sure to check out my essential oil posts HERE for more info!
I used Lavender NOW Brand Essential Oils in my bath bombs today. I just LOVE NOW! They carry natural, high quality and affordable supplements, foods, essential oils and more! So, I have been stocking up on their oils to add to my collection. I couldn’t be happier. PLUS you can buy them anywhere! Check out Amazon for a full-line, too!
See how cute they are? EASY, too! Just add all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and spritz with water – slowly. Then once it resembles wet sand and holds it’s shape, you add it to the molds, packing down firmly. Allow to dry on the counter and you’re done!
Add to cute little jars or plastic bags and seal up. They’re also perfect for gift giving!
Be sure to check out my Facebook LIVE video where I make them LIVE on my Facebook page. Everyone LOVED them!
Stress Free Bath Bombs
- 13 ⁄4 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil or almond oil
- Distilled water as needed
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1- ounce silicone molds or ice cube trays
- Sift baking soda, citric acid, and corn starch through a sieve into a bowl to remove larger chunks, or use a fork to mash into a fine powder.
- Add in coconut or almond oil and mix well with a fork.
- Fill a small spray bottle with distilled water and lightly spritz the baking-soda mixture.
- Mix well until the mixture becomes the consistency of sand that can be molded with your hands.
- Add lavender essential oil and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the molds and allow to harden, uncovered for 3 hours, before removing.
- Pop one bath bomb into your bath water and enjoy!
- To Store: Store indefinitely in a covered container or jar in a cool, dark place.
These DIY, All Natural Bath Bombs are the perfect way to unwind at the end of the day! Try them!
Caution: NOW® Solutions Essential Oils are very concentrated and can be irritating to the skin. Avoid direct contact with skin and always dilute essential oils before topical use.
Check out these popular posts next!
—> 3 Easy Skin Care Tips for Cold Weather