Now that summer is here, it’s time to get outside, get moving and enjoy long, lazy days! As a family, we spend a lot of time together. We don’t over schedule our activites where there’s no time for enjoying some fun together as a family. Thankfully, we have a nice, big backyard that allows for running, playing and just hanging out. My 2 year old loves the swingset and my older kids love to run and play ball. Any kind of ball. haha! Every once in a while, their dad and I will jump in and enjoy the fun. Staying fit and active as a family is something we have been working harder towards. When we actually do active things together, it helps us all be healthier in a fun way! Getting outside and doing fun things doesn’t mean you have to leave your own backyard or spend any money on expensive outings.
Here’s 4 tips for making family time fun for everyone!
1. Get Moving – having fun means getting out of the house and into the yard. Staying inside playing video games doesn’t count in summer!
2. Pick Games Everyone Can Enjoy – whether it’s kickball, bocce ball or playing tag, pick a game the whole family can get in on together.
3. Be Silly – have fun dancing, running through a sprinkler or a bubble machine. Bubbles and water play are fun for all ages! Plus – the kids LOVE IT when mom and dad are playing and being as silly as they are.
4. Have Snacks – pick snacks everyone can enjoy and that are healthy. Fruit, veggies and granola bars are all fun treats for the backyard and their good for you! We love Quaker® Chewy® Granola Bars! There’s a flavor for everyone like Chocolate Chip, S’ mores and Oatmeal Raisin! Quaker realizes just how important it is for families to have fun and spend time together and provide a delightfully delicious snack that is made with the goodness of 8 grams of whole grains. Quaker Chewy is the perfect hassle-free snack to provide families with the fuel they want to help keep playing and sharing the fun together. As a trusted, delicious grab-and-go snack, Quaker Chewy Granola Bars are a snack that moms feel good about giving their families and that kids love to eat.
To help inspire families’ playtime together and fuel fun, Quaker is inviting parents to participate in its Keep Playing! With Chewy promotion by submitting a photo of you family’s favorite place to have fun for a chance to win $25,000 to make over their play space. WOW!!! That would be an amazing summer in your backyard!
Now through June 13, 2015, families can visit www.ChewyKeepPlaying.com for a chance to win a $25,000 grand prize to make over their favorite play space – plus, weekly giveaway winners will be randomly selected for a $500 gift card. See www.ChewyKeepPlaying.com for official rules. In the meantime, I’m offering a fun giveaway right here! Enter to win a Family Playdate Kit! Playdate Kit Includes:
Playdate Kits will feature a variety of indoor and outdoor play items, including:
· Chewy Playdate invitation pack to plan your next playdate · A classic Bocce Ball set for endless hours of outdoor summer play · A Gazillion Bubble Monsoon bubble machine for the whole family to enjoy · A sidewalk chalk set to get creative outdoors · A puzzle perfect for indoor or outdoor play · A red storage bin for storing your family’s favorite toys · A NERF Bash Ball for easy family fun · A variety of Chewy Granola Bars to help fuel family play, including, Big Chewy Sweet & Salty Bars and Chewy Granola Bars Variety Pack Total giveaway value is approximately $100 *Note: Chewy Granola Bars may contain traces of peanuts and tree nuts.
To enter – comment below and let me know how you like to spend family time with your family!
Contest will end on June 14th and a winner will be chosen by random. Good luck!
As a playdate host, please be sure to inform your guests in case of food allergies.
Note: Quaker is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Quaker or its affiliates, but solely by All Things Mamma!