Thank you to Tum-E Yummies for sponsoring today’s post! My kids can’t get enough of them!
Spring is here and one of my favorite times of the year – BASEBALL SEASON! With practices twice a week and games most weekends, we’re at the field most days and nights!
Being a baseball mom on the go, I am always looking for more ideas to keep my kids
hydrated and for snacks to prepare for our busy weekends.
From packing for the girls while we watch their brother play ball, to taking drinks and snacks for team practices, I need to be prepared!
Hydration first. One of our favorite ways to stay hydrated is with Tum-E Yummies! They’re great for on the go!
Tum-E Yummies is a fruit flavored water drink for kids that comes in five flavors:
Very Berry Blue
My kids love them all! AND the kids on the ball team love when we bring extras to share!
All Tum-E Yummies flavors have 100% daily value vitamin C, B6, B12 and only 50 calories and 13g of sugar. They also have no sodium and a spill-proof sports cap – perfect for the field!
Of course, we can’t forget the snacks, for your own kids and for the team! Who doesn’t love awesome snacks?! I know that my kids do!
Besides tasting good, snacks are great for providing energy to help working muscles power through activity, supplying fluids for hydration and to keep the body cool, and promoting recovery after hard exercise.
Depending on what time of day you need to have snacks for, will determine how much or little you give the kiddos.
Here’s 20 Snack Ideas that can work anytime of the day and keep everyone fueled up
20 Snack Ideas for Kid’s Sports
1. Peanut butter or almond butter sandwiches with natural fruit jam
2. Turkey and/or cheese wraps cut into 1-inch slices for easy finger food
3. Low-fat string cheese and mini pretzels
4. Cinnamon-raisin bagel with flavored cream cheese
5. Greek yogurt with a variety of toppings (homemade granola, chopped almonds or
walnuts, or dried fruit)
6. Air-popped popcorn sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
7. Banana, orange slices or apple slices (dipped in orange juice to prevent browning)
8. Grapes (freeze and keep in a cooler for a fun treat!)
9. Whole-grain granola bars
10. Mixed nuts (with dried fruit and a few dark chocolate chips)
11. Beef jerky made with quality ingredients
12. Fruit leather (only ingredient is fruit)
13. No Bake Energy Bites
14. Yogurt tubes
15. Fruit kabobs with grapes, melon, and strawberries
16. Mini boxes of raisins
17. Peanut butter and carrots sticks
18. Carrot or celery sticks with hummus & pita
19. Homemade Zucchini Bread
20. Tortilla rollups, made at home, filled with peanut butter and honey or fruit
Besides food, make sure to have lots of bottles of cold water and flavored water drinks available at all times.
Keeping hydrated, whether you’re playing sports or watching them, is important!
Being prepared with some fun-fueling snacks and delicious drinks can make for a really great ball field experience on those long, hot days!
For more Spring sports ideas, follow Tum-E Yummies on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!