Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe is mostly healthy and definitely yummy! Perfect for a summer treat!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR coconut oil - both are equally good!
- 1/4 cup local honey - store bought is OK too
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat unbleached flour - I use King Arthur's.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, blend with wisk attachment -eggs, brown sugar, oil, honey, and vanilla.
Fold in the carrot and zucchini
In another bowl combine add the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until just blended
Add by 1/2 cup at a time flour mixture to the wet mixture. Blend just until combined.
Spread batter into a 13x9 pan.
Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Prepare my favorite cream cheese frosting
- adding the peel of 1 lemon and a few drops of lemon essential oil
(if you have it on hand)
Pipe the frosting over cut bars.