Macadamia Nut Cookies
These soft, chewy macadamia nut cookies are sweet, buttery, and totally irresistible. Each bite will melt in your mouth and put a smile on your face.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time18 mins
Keyword: chewy cookies, macadamia nut cookies
Servings: 12 cookies
Author: Kasey Schwartz
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
Add the butter and brown sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you mix to incorporate every bit of butter.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Adding the eggs slowly ensures the batter stay smooth.
Add the vanilla extract and blend again.
Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix to make a smooth cookie dough.
Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips by hand.
Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet tray. Make each scoop about ¼ cup in size. They should be about 2 inches apart on the tray.
Bake the cookies for 8 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the tops of the cookies will no longer look wet.
Let the cookies cool on the tray for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Enjoy while warm!
- White chocolate or dark chocolate chips are delicious in these cookies. You can also try adding dried cranberries for a fruity taste. Reduce the chocolate chips to ½ cup and add ½ cup dried cranberries.
- Make tablespoon sized cookies and bake for just 5 minutes to make bite-sized macadamia nut cookies.
- Letting the cookies cool on the tray helps the bottom of the cookies set even after the cookies are out of the oven. This lets you cook them a little less, making nice, chewy cookies
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg