Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Jalapeño poppers are a favorite restaurant appetizer, but I think they’re even better when you make them at home.
- 12 jalapeños
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives optional
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Dip: ranch or blue cheese dressing
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wearing gloves, slice each of the jalapeños in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the seeds and veins.
In a bowl mix cream cheese, garlic powder, monterey Jack cheese and chives (if using).
In a separate bowl, combine Panko crumbs and melted butter.
Fill jalapenos with the cheese mixture. Top with crumbs.
Place on a baking pan and bake 18-22 minutes or until golden.
Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 522IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg