Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Crock Pot Lasagna
Crock Pot Lasagna means no need for an oven! Lasagna noodles, meat sauce, and cheese made all in the slow cooker. A classic pasta dish ready anytime!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 12 ounce package lasagna noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until brown. Add salt and pepper and stir until well incorporated. Drain excess grease and return to skillet.
Add in spaghetti sauce and mix well - cooking for 2 minutes more then remove from heat.
In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese along with the egg.
Spray your crock pot with no-stick cooking spray and add a little bit of the spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the crock.
Begin layering your ingredients starting with lasagna noodles, meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat until all of your ingredients are gone - ending with meat sauce and cheese on top.
Add the lid on and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Spray the crock prior to adding the ingredients. This will make it easier to remove the dish when it comes time for serving and make clean up less stressful.
- Don't bother with "oven-ready" noodles. The regular lasagna noodles hold up better to longer cooking. These noodles go in dry and will be the perfect al dente texture when you are ready to eat it.
- Don't worry if the noodles do not completely cover the sauce, meat, and cheese. They will expand as they cook.
- Reserve extra sauce for the top and bottom of the lasagna. You will be adding the meat and vegetable mixture to the sauce, but save about a cup of plain sauce to line the bottom of the crock and to add to the final layer for added moisture.
- Let the lasagna rest for 30 minutes before serving. It will make cutting and removing the casserole way easier.
- If you are in a hurry, you can cook this on high for three hours.