Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Homemade Cake Mix
Homemade Cake Mix Recipe! You only need 5-ingredients to make this Homemade Cake Mix that you probably already have in your pantry!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- ½ cup oil vegetable or canola
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
To Make a 13x9 Cake or 24 Cupcakes
Combine cake mix and wet ingredients until well combined
Pour batter into greased 13x9 pan or divide into cupcake liners
Bake cake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Cool completely and frost as desired
You can't go wrong with a delicious buttercream frosting - here's my favorite buttercream frosting recipe
Following these simple tips will give your cake mix the best flavor and longest shelf life:
- Use the freshest ingredients: Did you know that baking powder and baking soda can lose its effectiveness? It can! Be sure to make your cake mixes with newer ingredients for the best results!
- Sifting dry ingredients together is always a great idea with homemade cake. Nobody likes a lumpy cake.
- Store your cake mix in an airtight container, jar, or ziploc bag.
- When making your cake, be sure to use room temperature wet ingredients.