Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Simple Pea Salad is a delicious southern side dish that is filled with frozen peas, bacon, chopped red onions, and cheddar cheese.
- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 pound bacon cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Remove the peas from freezer and place in a colander and allow to slightly thaw while preparing the dressing.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
Add the peas, bacon, cheddar cheese, and red onion and stir to combine.
Once mixed, add the pea salad to the fridge and chill for 1-3 hours before serving.