Here’s my absolute favorite Thanksgiving recipe. My mom made it famous and it was her signature dish every year! Now that she’s not here, I like to carry on the tradition. More like a dessert, but it MUST be served with the Turkey and dressing. It’s no-fail and always delicious! Enjoy!!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 cups Sweet Potatoes 3lbs mashed (canned is best)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Stick Butter cut up and not melted
- mini-marshmallows optional
- pecan pieces optional
- Mix first ingredients together and place into 13×9 pan.
- For topping
- Mix together and sprinkle over Sweet Potato mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is browned.