This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of CORT. All opinions are 100% mine.
With warmer weather and beautiful days right around the corner, most people start to think about looking for a house to buy and move while the weather is nice. Putting your house on the market and selling fast for close to asking price is everyone’s goal!
With these 10 Secrets For Selling Your Home Fast you could be on your way to your own dream home in no time!
1.Set Your Price Right – Make sure you do your research and make sure your home is priced correctly. Most realtors will come and give you an estimate with the hopes you’ll list with them. Do your research of the neighborhood and houses sold for a good indication of what you should list for.
2. Curb Appeal – First impressions are everything and you only have one shot at making a good one! Make sure the outside of your home is clean and tidy with fresh landscaping and a welcoming entry!
3. Update the Interior – Update with fresh neutral paint colors, update hardware and fixtures are easy ways to get an updated looks buyers will love!
4.Remove the Clutter – Get rid of all the clutter on shelves, in corners and in closets. Let buyers know that your home has plenty of space by showing it off!
5. Light it up! – Make sure that when you are showing your home that you open all the blinds and curtains (clean the windows, too!) and turn on all the lights! Buyers love natural light and it makes your home look its best!
6. Depersonalize – Pack up all of your family photos, cute crafts from the kids and more. Buyers want to be able to picture themselves living in your home – not how YOU live in your home.
7. Stage Your Home – Make sure that each room and area is staged for whatever it is supposed to be. If it’s an office, get rid of the extra bed and turn it into an office. Add art, decor, and furniture to make your home look its best! One way to do this affordably is by renting what you need. Companies will actually rent you furniture and decor for all of you home needs. See below for a great option for renting furniture!
8. Remove Your Pets – Make sure you home is pet-free when buyers come to see it. Get rid of food and water bowls, litter boxes, toys and even hair! You also don’t want it smelling like a pet – clean, clean, clean!
9. Be Ready to Show – Be ready to show your home at a moments notice. Have baskets for clutter that you can throw in your car, wipe of counters, vacuum and straighten to start! The more flexible you are at showing your home, the faster you’ll find a buyer!
10. Take Great Pictures – Most buyers look for homes on the internet before they decide if they want to see your home. Take bright, clear photos that showcase your house the best. If you can’t take them yourself, hire a professional or a friend with a really good camera.
With just a little preparation and planning you can sell your home FAST with these 10 Secrets for Selling your Home Fast! Companies such as CORT Furniture Rental are often the solution for many families! CORT provides services and solutions for both individuals and families facing life’s transitions.
Whether you are involved in a relocation, traveling long-distance on temporary assignment, moving off-campus in college or traveling from place to place in the military are all facing the same thing – a life in transition.
The CORT family of trained professionals can help you find a place to live, navigate your new area and furnish your place for however long you need it. It’s a great option for individuals in many life transitions to rent furniture or buy for a deep discount!
Check out the CORT Furniture Rental for some great options!
Have any of your own tips? Share them with me below in the comments!0